perhaps she says no because she's a newbie ;)

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by golden_rivet, Mar 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Katherine it is not like you to be so negitive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nutty

2. Clearly a very well brought up Burnley Grammar girl.

3. Can someone enlighten me as to what the 'Fifth Column' means ? feel I should know but don't.Your thoughts, Grasshoppers, please. Something to do with immigration- it was used thus on another thread.Cheers.

4. What is she saying no to? I can't access YouTube.

SF

5. Taloolah

A title I was given by my peers when I took the job of Moderator to the Submarine Forum on RR. Briefly:

A fifth column is a group of people or person who clandestinely undermine a larger group to which it is expected to be loyal, such as a nation.

Nutty

PS Before you ask, a "Scab" is a person who crosses a line of demarcation put down by a Union of Workers. So by default being the Eternal OD, Scab and Fifth Columnist I appear to be a not very nice person. Ask GR for an unbiased opinion as we met last year.

6. How do we know that you havn't given GR the 30 pieces of silver and bought her off :money:

7. All nice girls say no, unless they've been propositioned by a sailor.
    All Rum Ration girls say yes when propositioned by Nutty & Blobbs.
    All nice boys would say yes if propositioned by a sailor.

So GR, what are you moaning about? ;) You can have Nutty if I can have Blobby! :razz:

....then again perhaps.... :biggrin: ;)

8. Like others on RR there are many things I would like to give GR but thirty pieces of silver is not one of them, if only because she is not the sort of lady that would take them.

Nutty

9. While I knew what a 5th Coumnist is and indeed what a scab is (or was) I am completely in the dark as to what this thread is about!!

As for the thirty pieces of silver, as I have never met GR or Nutty (who despite his tags seemed like a nice enough person) being a good Jock they will have to stay at the bottom of my deep pockets.

McC

10. Before I got my present delightful job I had a temp contract replacing someone suspended pending a disciplinary charge at his place of work. Taking that job made me a scab, blackleg and I don't know what else - it wasn't fun I can tell you.

I'm sure 30 pieces of silver wouldn't be necessary if I met the right man ... on the other hand 'pieces of silver' sounds like pirate treasure and might be very valuable so a man might be seen in a different light ...

NO! I don't think that!!!!! actually all RR ers are charming but the married ones are very dangerous ... they have these rather dangerous fittings called wives :thumright:

11. Just for you SF:

No

No
    (Hey baby, won't you give me a kiss?)
    I said no
    (Just a little kiss you never will miss)
    Just plain no
    (Why do you torture me like this)
    Don't you understand English?

No
    (There's a lot of huggin' I gotta do)
    N-O, No
    (And I wanna do my huggin' with you)
    Please let go
    (Come a little closer, baby)
    Of my hand
    (Why do you treat me like you do?)

Every time I let you kiss me, kiss me
    My heart goes on a roller coaster ride
    And every time I let you kiss me, kiss me
    I get the little butterflys inside me

No
    (There's a lot of huggin' I gotta do)
    Uh-uh, no
    (And I wanna do my huggin' with you)
    Please let go
    (Come a little closer, baby)
    Of my hand
    (Why do you treat me like you do?)

Oh
    (Do, do, do, do, do, do, do-ee)
    Must you go
    Don't you know
    (Do, do, do, do, do, do, do)
    That a girl means yes, when she says

No
    (Got another number I'm gonna call)
    N-O, No
    (In an hour I'll be having a ball)
    Don't let go
    (Guess I'll stay here after all)
    When I say no

Don't let go
    Don't let go
    Don't let go

12. No sun - no moon!
    No morn - no noon -
    No dawn - no dusk - no proper time of day.
    No warmth, no cheerfulness, no healthful ease,
    No comfortable feel in any member -
    No shade, no shine, no butterflies, no bees,
    No fruits, no flowers, no leaves, no birds! -

November!

There is a lot more but enough is enough.

13. The married once are always the tastiest ones GR, you should know that! Now lets draw (cheese) straws over who will (with his consent) have Nutty for a week.

My cheese straws are bound to be longer than yours, they just must be.... even if I've have to use elastoplast to elongate them further! ;) :biggrin:

14. How deep are your pockets McCloggie? If they're several feet I pick them up as they trail along the deck, cut the end off and sew it back up with half a brick in, so you won't notice the difference. See we westcountryokels know a thing or two about about (other people's) money! ;)

15. I'm sure you would win - anyway there's the gorgeous Mrs Nutty to consider ...

:salut: