Perforated Eardum

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Tenrai, Jul 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey there!
    My name is Matthew
    Just a quick question...
    ...Recently I have been diagnosed with a Perforated Eardrum, I am currently undergoing treatment (Anti-Biotics) If this does not work it will be surgery

I am curious, are my odds of getting in the RN dramatically decreased with this taken into account?

Many thanks

Matt

2. Deleted for being unkind.

3. 'Eh'?...........

4. *smirk*

That's what I said, but I'm too nice to leave it there!

5. Welcome to Rum Ration, Matt.

Rum Ration has an RN Medical Officer on board. With luck, he will be here to do a ward round between now and lunchtime tomorrow; I'll move your thread to Health and Fitness, so that he spots you straightaway.

6. Thank you Soleil, it's appreciated!

Guzzler? What's not clear in the post, will elaborate if you like ;)

7. Indeed Guzzler you are much more refined than I am, I know that from reading your posts and observing how considerate you are where the feelings of others are concerned.

• Like Like x 1
  8. As you've clearly indicated by the smiley thing you got my weak 'joke' (the one that Fink subsequently made), but on reflection, as your post didn't indicate that you are one of the mouth breathing subnormals we occasionally get on here I thought I would be nice.

I said, that as your post didn't indicate that you are one of the mouth breathing subnormals we occasionally get on here I thought I would be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oh, wow. I understand now! How did I not see it before! :dontknow:

You got me good it seems ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Good luck.

11. Pardon?.........................

12. You have to wait for 3 months after either it sorts itself out or the date of surgery. Plus your hearing test at that point must be acceptable.

13. Out the Fez I had an acute dose of Singapore ear which resulted in a malodourous discharge, inflammation, pruritus, scaling and severe discomfort. The end result was a graft to close the perforation in RNH. The Mediquacks shaved the port side of my skull to obtain the graft and I was discharged a couple of days later looking even weirder than usual.

14. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Fixed that for you Finks

• Like Like x 1
  15. That could explain an awful lot, to be honest!