Peregrine Trophy Archive

Oldboot

Evening, long shot here, but 'im after a peregrine trophy phot i think taken in 1966 which featured a wessex (V) possibly , having its wheel changed n the low hover. My father was the AEO of the sqn, I think based at Culdrose and featured in the image, and i wanted to show my nephew, currently doing a photography course at Falmouth, who had just been to Predannack to take some images.... apologies for the back story!

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Evening, long shot here, but 'im after a peregrine trophy phot i think taken in 1966 which featured a wessex (V) possibly , having its wheel changed n the low hover. My father was the AEO of the sqn, I think based at Culdrose and featured in the image, and i wanted to show my nephew, currently doing a photography course at Falmouth, who had just been to Predannack to take some images.... apologies for the back story!
@Waspie

slim

War Hero
I vaguely remember the Photograph.
I believe that it was published in Navy News perhaps they may have it in their archives

Oldboot

Thanks for the responses. Awesome phot although the one above feels like it might be Borneo, definitely East of Culdrose judging by the pussers shorts. I had a good trawl through the NN, and other than lots of adverts for tobacco and swap draft for HMS Terror there was nothing about the Peregrine Trophy. Does anyone know if there is a phot branch association or an online phot archive that can be searched?

redmonkey

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Definitely a bit east of Culdrose, and Yeovilton as well I would say. I know the other picture you are after and I am sure I have seen it in a book but as I am now at work for a while I cannot access my books.
I would ask Mrs RM to look however we would be here a long time before she would know what I am looking for. Sorry

Waspie

War Hero
I vaguely remember the Photograph.
I believe that it was published in Navy News perhaps they may have it in their archives
The problem is oleo changes on the Wessex in the hover wan't that rare an occurrence. Loads of pics out there I imagine. I did one at Fraggle and another Far East on 848. And I was only a grubber for 10 years or so.