Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Percy Refused Hotel Room - Cue Howls of Indignation

dondon

MIA
Backpacker1uk said:
scouse said:
Story in todays Telegraph
A soldier on leave from Afghanistan to attend the funeral of a fellow officer.Was returning by train to Oxford, When he was approached by the guard. The guard checked his warrant, and requested the soldier to follow him. On asking the guard the reason why? The guard replied "Sir on my train you travel first class" :thumright:

Nice one :thumright:

Brilliant Guard bz :thumright: :thumright:

Squirrel

Lantern Swinger
dondon said:
Backpacker1uk said:
scouse said:
A soldier on leave from Afghanistan to attend the funeral of a fellow officer.Was returning by train to Oxford, When he was approached by the guard. The guard checked his warrant, and requested the soldier to follow him. On asking the guard the reason why? The guard replied "Sir on my train you travel first class" :thumright:

Absolutely quality! Just goes to show, some people do appreicate us and what we do...bz. :thumright:

dondon

MIA
Squirrel said:
dondon said:
Backpacker1uk said:
scouse said:

Absolutely quality! Just goes to show, some people do appreicate us and what we do...bz. :thumright:

Yea he deserves a pint at least ... :thumright:

Backpacker1uk said:
scouse said:

Brilliant, and as it should be! Years ago when I was a minnion at an airline I got hauled over the coals because I put a Chelsea pensioner in 1st Class (Proper one with private compartment and sleeper beds etc). My answer was that he deserved it - no explanation and no intention of doing so! Never heard another thing.

scouse said:

funeral of a "fellow" officer.

All ocicfers travel First Class
He been an Occifer did not know he was sat in the incorrect class

Duh

Jack McH

Re: Soldier is refused room at hotel

AfterSSE said:
Streaky said:
After SSE wrote:

..sick and tired of blanket punishments, or tarring everyone with the same brush and feathers, hotel, pure bull shite...

I'm afraid that's called "collective responsibility."
Something drummed into everyone's head from day 1 of being a serviceman.

[Rant on]
Yeah, sort of like Kindergarden, keep treating the rank and file as if they are not mature enough to do the right thing, but always err on the side of they will always do the wrong thing.

It's called treating people as adults, and yes I know this "collective responsibility" thing, but it just burns my ass as it's a "cop out", and lazy punishment...too easy to just tell everyone, "well a few lads broke the rules so to punish them, we are just going to implement a new policy and have it so that, that establishment is off limits to all serving personnel.

Sort of stereotyping all service people as being bad apples, and that's how the public perceives the rank and file.

Used to be flogging was a form of punishment for the whole fleets benefit, now thank god it's no longer used, but the point is and was, that the person being flogged for whatever crime was a de facto "example" to the rest of the crew..."screw up and that's you on the mast", but in today's PC world it's easier to blanket punish, and all that does is raise the resentment factor, not at the individuals who caused this in the first place, but the desk types who are afraid to mete out individual punishment so harsh that others will think twice before making absolute assholes of themselves..and that serves no purpose at all...[/Rant Off]

Depends where your custom is based
If you need custom then bar only those that caused the problem

If you do not need custom from those types then bar the lot

Once bitten twice shy, if you can afford it!

We do not know the "FULL" story
If the local barracks were using it as a brothel getting rat asrsed and wrecking the joint AND you can afford to miss the custom

Then no need to take sympathy for someone who fell off a landrover and broke his wrist
He has been tarred with the same brush unfortunatley
Time the commanding occifer sorted his troops out

Most garrison towns have the accept and non accept public houses and hotels.

Even in Plymouth, you had pubs that were occifer only, and Jack not welcome (Jack did not want in anyway) Jack welcome to come in spend thosands of pounds and wreck the joint, and some No dogs or sevicemen allowed

Whilst I am ex service, I am truely thankfull that my landlord is a non accept, well most get in but not in squads of ten and wreck the place like next door

I think it is wrong that a manager is dismissed his post for something that MS Ali BEGUM did Whilst he was washing up, doing the ironing or cleaning the toilets

Jack McH

In my day you had to be a Lt Cdr or travelling on your own in a sleeper. The travelling alone in a sleeper one was the result of an officer I knew being propositioned in a second class twin sleeping berth. Commodore Clyde complained bitterly to MOD about it and the rules were changed, later extended to the lower deck as well if I remeber correctly.

Would it have made a difference if he had been propositioned in a 1st Class compartment :wink: Such flimsly door locks on those trains!
Let's face it would anyone want a 2nd class anything, let alone that.

sussex2 said:
Would it have made a difference if he had been propositioned in a 1st Class compartment :wink: Such flimsly door locks on those trains!
Let's face it would anyone want a 2nd class anything, let alone that.

Of course then as a mere Lt he would not have got to look inside a 1st Class sleeper berth then. At least in a 1st Class berth no one has the 'right' to strip of in your compartment as this bloke did, if I remeber correctly taken to the guards van in a state of undress and handed over to the plods at Carlisle

scouse

War Hero
Maxi_77 said:
In my day you had to be a Lt Cdr or travelling on your own in a sleeper. The travelling alone in a sleeper one was the result of an officer I knew being propositioned in a second class twin sleeping berth. Commodore Clyde complained bitterly to MOD about it and the rules were changed, later extended to the lower deck as well if I remeber correctly.
Think 42 thingy Sussex2 lukep and purple Ronnie :thumright: are in second class twin sleeping berth from now on !!!!?????? :w00t: :thumright: :thumright: WAITING FOR INCOMING :thanks:

slim

War Hero
So when did stripping off become a problem? jolly Jack has done it for years, in Bars, Clubs, Trains, Planes and Boats and even at times in bedrooms, though in bedrooms he is normally found in the morning fully booted and spurred lying on top of the bed. :w00t:

My best, was flying from RAF Stanstead
I was booked in a sharing room for early morning flight as

RS J McHammocklashing and crashed out early with lots of drink and readiness for early morning flight to GIB

Early morning call for flight, my companion When I awoke was a

MRS Xxxxx from Newcastle :)

I do not recall who was the most shocked

Jack McH

Seadog

War Hero
Looks as if the outrage bus (ARRSE term) has had a steering gear failure and the thread looks as if it has now run its course.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pontius Percy's Answerphone Diamond Lil's 1
Topstop Well done Percy Current Affairs 3
Joint_Force_Harrier Percy & The Crabs but No Jack? Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 8
Guns Royal and Percy fighting in WWII conditions Current Affairs 8
slim Newbies required to vote and help Percy Pongo charity Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
thepercyboy Percy pongo makes the news RMR 5
dapperdunn The Commando who refused to die Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 4
soleil BBC News: "Nuclear Submarine HMS Tireless Refused United Arab Emirates Entry" MoD News 8
soleil Telegraph: "Sailors Given Freedom Of The City ... Then Refused A Drink" The Fleet 26
scouse Pongos refused a drink Diamond Lil's 59
G Refused by the Doc on pre join medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 25
Patrick Navy ID refused? Diamond Lil's 37
TattooDog 27 Year Old Sailor Refused Alcohol The Quarterdeck 27
whitemouse Wounded Royal Marine refused special housing Current Affairs 39
H Safe harbour refused Current Affairs 19
oberon B-52 Nukes Headed for Iran: Air Force refused to fly weapons Current Affairs 3
slim Muslim Pc refused to shake hands Current Affairs 24
MoD_RSS Coal Authority repairs grade I listed hotel in Nottinghamshire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COVID-19: hotel accommodation to support key workers and vulnerable people MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thoresby Hall Hotel sewage discharge leads to £90,000 fine MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Major overhaul of hotel booking sector after CMA action MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Company behind Charnwood Lodge hotel wound-up in court MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Hotel booking sites to make major changes after CMA probe MoD News 0
SONAR-BENDER Hotel Hermes Diamond Lil's 5
soleil Herald: "Plymouth Military Personnel Living At Hotel - No Beds At Devonport Bases / Shore Est 23
BFRS BFRS Career Fair – Portsmouth @ Portsmouth Marriott Hotel, 28th Nov 2013 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 3
S Plymouth hotel plan at Royal William Yard Bases / Shore Est 2
Hermes_R12 HMS Liverpool's ensign on display in hotel The Quarterdeck 0
Hermes_R12 HMS Liverpool's ensign given to a hotel. The Quarterdeck 5
stan_the_man The Hotel ITV Documentary - were have you been in the pusser Diamond Lil's 16
janner japanese Hotel service Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Hotel Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Hotel Encounter Miscellaneous 0
sgtpepperband Five Bar Hotel Open In Manchester This Christmas... Diamond Lil's 8
soleil Hotel du Vin: Armed Forces Discount over Easter Finance & Pensions 0
ORACLE Hotel Key Cards The Gash Barge 3
D Hotel/tourism networking event The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 7
andym Hotel For Heros. Current Affairs 4
T Holiday Reviews & Hotel Reviews Travel & The Great Outdoors 1
Tas-ape Naval Slang Echo to Hotel The Gash Barge 0
brazenhussy DESERT ISLAND With The SALTY RATINGS Hotel ...Now Open!! Diamond Lil's 20
R Hotel don't boot out veterans for footie fans Current Affairs 21
M Hotel or Guest House in Portsmouth The Quarterdeck 47