Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Percy Refused Hotel Room - Cue Howls of Indignation

Re: Soldier is refused room at hotel

alacrity174 said:
I read this story on the BBC news site and am still livid. There needs to be a boycott of the whole company not just this one hotel. That will make them sit up and listen. BZ to the squaddie though, if it had been me I woudl probably have been the guest of the local constabulary after I beat 7 bells out of the manager.

:thumright:
 
Re: I won't be using this Hotel then !!!

Hopefully the RBL,RNA and all the other service associations will band together to lodge an official protest with the company
I trust they will also petition the government as well.

Damned Yankees!
 
Re: I won't be using this Hotel then !!!

Ahem.. I think I can be pretty sure that it is the policy of the UK side not anything US. If the "press" and daytime shows got hold of this story it would be hell for them.

This story also reminds me of a similar one of a few weeks ago about the squaddie getting kicked off a train. Some folks here defended their position!
 
Re: I won't be using this Hotel then !!!

Steve does your good offices show any link between American Amusements Ltd of Woking and American Amusements Inc of Rossville Georgia, USA

Nutty

PS The American Amusements Inc site in USA has suddenly become unavailable.
 

seafarer1939

War Hero
Re: Soldier is refused room at hotel

I wonder what nationality the receptionist was?it's difficult to see any UK person doing that but I can see someone from the Mid East or certain parts of the Balkans doing that as a reason to continue the hatred of all western values.
They will still live here though,knowing hotels, I strongly suspect it's the case.
 

hammockhead

Lantern Swinger
Re: I won't be using this Hotel then !!!

smoothbore said:
Should make it illegal to discriminate against people on the grounds of their jon, in the same way that it is illegal to discriminate against someone because of their, colour, religeon, sexual orientation etc

It is already unlawful to for an innkeeper to refuse accommodation to a traveller without reasonable excuse.
 

Richie

Lantern Swinger
Re: Soldier is refused room at hotel

thingy said:
alacrity174 said:
I read this story on the BBC news site and am still livid. There needs to be a boycott of the whole company not just this one hotel. That will make them sit up and listen. BZ to the squaddie though, if it had been me I woudl probably have been the guest of the local constabulary after I beat 7 bells out of the manager.

:thumright:

seconded - boycott "RR", "ARRSE" etc - we should boycott the whole f........ing chain of hotels belonging to this company ...... bloody disgraceful
 
Re: Soldier is refused room at hotel

alacrity174 said:
I read this story on the BBC news site and am still livid. There needs to be a boycott of the whole company not just this one hotel. That will make them sit up and listen. BZ to the squaddie though, if it had been me I woudl probably have been the guest of the local constabulary after I beat 7 bells out of the manager.

Then the management would have had the excuse they need for refusing the military admittance.
 

Guzzler

War Hero
Re: Soldier is refused room at hotel

seafarer1939 said:
I wonder what nationality the receptionist was?it's difficult to see any UK person doing that but I can see someone from the Mid East or certain parts of the Balkans doing that as a reason to continue the hatred of all western values.
They will still live here though,knowing hotels, I strongly suspect it's the case.

Let's not miss a chance for some totally irrelevant racism eh?
 

Purple_twiglet

War Hero
Moderator
Re: Soldier is refused room at hotel

Cross posted from ARRSE

He was refused accom as hotel had a "treat with caution" policy following multiple incidents with soldiers from the local barracks staying there. Regardless of the individuals circumstances, it was allegedly poor behaviour on the part of members of the British Army that caused the policy to be imposed in the first place. Not planning on signing up for the outrage bandwagon as this was self inflicted
 

hnhnwilliam

Lantern Swinger
Re: Soldier is refused room at hotel

[quote="Guzzler
Let's not miss a chance for some totally irrelevant racism eh?[/quote]

Yes guzzler,Woking!!! A big Muslim Community live and work there.
Is it racist to say out of 24 stabbings in London so far 18 were black. The connection needs to be investigated but not Pc to mention. You are also jumping on the racist band wagon.
 

Guzzler

War Hero
Re: Soldier is refused room at hotel

No, it's not racist to say that.

It is however racist to bring up some completely obscure and irrelevant comment about the nationality of staff in a hotel when it is based on nothing but dim, uninformed bigotry.

This isn't about stabbings in London so what connection are you wittering on about?

I'm not the one jumping on a bandwagon.

PC? Do put down that Daily Mail and grow up.
 
Re: Soldier is refused room at hotel

Purple_twiglet said:
Cross posted from ARRSE

He was refused accom as hotel had a "treat with caution" policy following multiple incidents with soldiers from the local barracks staying there. Regardless of the individuals circumstances, it was allegedly poor behaviour on the part of members of the British Army that caused the policy to be imposed in the first place. Not planning on signing up for the outrage bandwagon as this was self inflicted

I'm with you matey - self inflicted this one. Forces bods can't have it both ways (heroes and druken twats). It's this guys oppos that fukced it up for him - not a hotel chain.
 

AfterSSE

War Hero
Re: Soldier is refused room at hotel

SS-super-stoker said:
Purple_twiglet said:
Cross posted from ARRSE

He was refused accom as hotel had a "treat with caution" policy following multiple incidents with soldiers from the local barracks staying there. Regardless of the individuals circumstances, it was allegedly poor behaviour on the part of members of the British Army that caused the policy to be imposed in the first place. Not planning on signing up for the outrage bandwagon as this was self inflicted

I'm with you matey - self inflicted this one. Forces bods can't have it both ways (heroes and druken twats). It's this guys oppos that fukced it up for him - not a hotel chain.

So typical though of the type of punishment meted out that I have seen over the years,instead of quartering those responsible, they provide a blanket punishment, the military is just as bad...if stokers tear up a tavern, then instead of making that tavern off limits to all serving personnel,(which is usually the case) just take those stokers and make them pay for the damages and give them severe punishment, why should anyone else suffer for a fools mistake..sick and tired of blanket punishments, or tarring everyone with the same brush and feathers, this guy had nothing to do with that earlier incident, so why should he be discriminated against because he wears the uniform of the same bunch that disturbed the hotel, pure bull shite... :threaten:
 

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Re: Soldier is refused room at hotel

Whilst blanket bans are a pain it get's the message across to the arscholes who caused the nausia. They just move on to the next town or watering hole and shite on their doorstep there as well.
I'd have thought even Perce would have been bright enough not to foul their own nest, apparently not.
 

tommo

War Hero
Re: I won't be using this Hotel then !!!

Shit rolls down hill that's why the reception (who was probably doing as she was told) got the blame
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pontius Percy's Answerphone Diamond Lil's 1
Topstop Well done Percy Current Affairs 3
Joint_Force_Harrier Percy & The Crabs but No Jack? Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 8
Guns Royal and Percy fighting in WWII conditions Current Affairs 8
slim Newbies required to vote and help Percy Pongo charity Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
thepercyboy Percy pongo makes the news RMR 5
dapperdunn The Commando who refused to die Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 4
soleil BBC News: "Nuclear Submarine HMS Tireless Refused United Arab Emirates Entry" MoD News 8
soleil Telegraph: "Sailors Given Freedom Of The City ... Then Refused A Drink" The Fleet 26
scouse Pongos refused a drink Diamond Lil's 59
G Refused by the Doc on pre join medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 25
Patrick Navy ID refused? Diamond Lil's 37
TattooDog 27 Year Old Sailor Refused Alcohol The Quarterdeck 27
whitemouse Wounded Royal Marine refused special housing Current Affairs 39
H Safe harbour refused Current Affairs 19
oberon B-52 Nukes Headed for Iran: Air Force refused to fly weapons Current Affairs 3
slim Muslim Pc refused to shake hands Current Affairs 24
MoD_RSS Coal Authority repairs grade I listed hotel in Nottinghamshire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COVID-19: hotel accommodation to support key workers and vulnerable people MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thoresby Hall Hotel sewage discharge leads to £90,000 fine MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Major overhaul of hotel booking sector after CMA action MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Company behind Charnwood Lodge hotel wound-up in court MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Hotel booking sites to make major changes after CMA probe MoD News 0
SONAR-BENDER Hotel Hermes Diamond Lil's 5
soleil Herald: "Plymouth Military Personnel Living At Hotel - No Beds At Devonport Bases / Shore Est 23
BFRS BFRS Career Fair – Portsmouth @ Portsmouth Marriott Hotel, 28th Nov 2013 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 3
S Plymouth hotel plan at Royal William Yard Bases / Shore Est 2
Hermes_R12 HMS Liverpool's ensign on display in hotel The Quarterdeck 0
Hermes_R12 HMS Liverpool's ensign given to a hotel. The Quarterdeck 5
stan_the_man The Hotel ITV Documentary - were have you been in the pusser Diamond Lil's 16
janner japanese Hotel service Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Hotel Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Hotel Encounter Miscellaneous 0
sgtpepperband Five Bar Hotel Open In Manchester This Christmas... Diamond Lil's 8
soleil Hotel du Vin: Armed Forces Discount over Easter Finance & Pensions 0
ORACLE Hotel Key Cards The Gash Barge 3
D Hotel/tourism networking event The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 7
andym Hotel For Heros. Current Affairs 4
T Holiday Reviews & Hotel Reviews Travel & The Great Outdoors 1
Tas-ape Naval Slang Echo to Hotel The Gash Barge 0
brazenhussy DESERT ISLAND With The SALTY RATINGS Hotel ...Now Open!! Diamond Lil's 20
R Hotel don't boot out veterans for footie fans Current Affairs 21
M Hotel or Guest House in Portsmouth The Quarterdeck 47
Similar threads











































Latest Threads

New Posts

Top