Pensioners win key case against government

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by slim, Feb 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. And your nice friend Mr Blair said in PMs questions tough.

2. Maxi Mr Blair is no friend of mine. I believe he is the sleaziest politician ever to have graced the office of Prime Minister and his wife an even bigger freeloader than Fergie.

3. Am I not entitled to a bit of irony at time like this. As to your other point I wonder when the truth will out on this government.

4. Sorry Maxi
    I hope that at the next election the population of the UK have the good sense to see through all the half truths the government have told, and also remember what they have not achieved for the electorate.

5. Still plenty of water to under the bridge as both sides have the right to appeal. Having had three or four previous decisions go against them, can you honestly see this corrupt, lying, morally bankrupt government giving in? I know this is the year of the Pig, but unfortunately its not the flying pig!

Keep Striving.

6. I take it that you are not a Liebour supporter then... :neutral: :wink:

7. I wonder if the 'Don't blame me I voted Tory' stickers will start appearing soon.

8. Unfortunately Peter the Tory's are no better. Political parties no longer win elections, rather the outgoing government loses them

9. Never said they were, just thought some people may well dust of old copies they had from the last Labour government. The thing is that most of the voters who actually select the winner in an election change between labour and tory.

10. WM, what ever gave you that idea?

Semper Strenuissima.

11. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Sarcasm - the last Great British virtue! :lol:

12. They could be compensated by raiding the MP's own pension fund. After all, a good part of the money comes from the Treasury - and how many of us get to retire on 50% of our salaries after 16 years service?

13. AAC, you should no better, comments like that will get this moved to Lils or perhaps even deleted.

14. It's not been taxed yet :grin: