Pensioners allowances.

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by janner, May 29, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

The whole business of Pensioner allowances is being looked at ie. Prescription's, Bus passes, winter fuel allowances. Whilst it may not affect some of you immediately think a bit more long term (or of your parents/grandparent situation) please give some thought to signing this petition.

Any additional publicity through your own organisations and circle of friends would also help
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
  2. This is a personal whinge. The term pensioners or "OAP" was dreamed up by government & big business to imply that we have no worth & are just a costly nuisance , all the time we allow it to continue we will continue to be treated as such & picked on. I spend a lot of time abroad mainly in the EU & it's only here that we're treated with such governmental/business/social disdain. I don't want a cheap F*****G "OAP" lunch on a Tuesday or an "OAP" haircut on Thursday. I don't agree with free bus travel, free prescriptions, winter fuel allowance & the like, we should be paid a seniors state allowance that allows us to make our own decisions, if we choose to spend it on beer, fags & bingo then freeze to death in the winter so be it. I require to be treated as an equal to all. We should insist we are called "SENIORS" this implies we have worth, wealth & are an educated force to be reckoned with. Whinge over.:angry5:
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Signed the petition as requested. I don't think the Tories, or any other parties dares hit the grey hair brigade, too many votes.

I don't mind what people refer me as, Pensioner, OAP - doesn't matter to me. I will still go to B&Q on Wednesdays for my pensioners' discount !
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Trouble is some would actually do that and end up having to get handouts to see them through to the next "Pension Day". Pensioners will never be paid enough to cover all eventualities so it's best we hang on to the freebies we get at present.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I use my bus pass regularly, spend my winter fuel allowance, but I agree that a higher level of pension would be of more benefit to all us older buggers. Call me whatever you like, as long as it's not late for the pub opening. Oh by the way, keep a higher tax allowance for us. Unless you are in the higher tax band then you can afford to lose it.
  6. It grips my Sh1t when they refer to my pension as "unearned income" and take their pound of flesh. Robbing bar stewards, I worked for that pension!
    • Like Like x 4
  7. What he said!

8. Just to say is B & Q "Over 60" Card, so not necessarily pensioner!
  9. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Signed, and I've put the link onto my Faceache page.
    • Like Like x 1