I turn 60 at the end of this year, did I read somewhere that you need to claim pension 6 months before it is due ?, who do I contact for claim form ?.


Lantern Swinger
If this is Preserved pension go to site and download AFPS form 8 ,3 months before 60th birthday if on AFPS 75 or 3 months before 65th birthday on the other scheme or IMMEDUATELY if permanently incapacitated
Hope this helps


Lantern Swinger
My brother is 60 next month and he has had a hellava time trying to get an an answer from them.
They said he didn't qualify at first,he served 66 thru 75 and he does qualify!!
He is due his on 12th June and still has no figures for the pension
Personnel leaving the Armed Forces prior to 6th April 1975 and who failed to meet the above criteria lost all entitlement to a pension.

Qualifying Rules

Qualifying rules for Preserved Pensions were changed on 6th April 1975.

For those who served from 6th April 1975 to 6th April 1988, where pensions were preserved for payment at age 60, the following qualifying rules apply:

Must have been discharged at 26 years of age or over.
Must have served a minimum of 5 years.
For those who served from 6th April 1988 to 5th April 2006, where pensions were preserved for payment at age 65, the following rules apply:

No age limit on discharge.
Must have served a minimum of 2 years.
Early Claiming of Preserved Pensions

It is possible for Preserved Pensions to be claimed prior to 60, for AFPS 75 claimants, or age 65, for AFPS 05 claimants, should they become permanently incapacitated.
Service Preserved Pensions

Prior to 06 April 1975 there was no provision for a preservation of pension benefits and service personnel who left the Armed Forces had to have completed 16 years from age 21 (Officers) or 22 years from age 18 (Other ranks). Those who left before that date without completing the above criteria, lost all pension entitlement
Not sure how this works........I hit the big 60 next year 2012 for my 12 years served pension, has anyone any idea if I will receive anything at all
given the current climate? Someone told me I should send off my "request" about 3 months prior. If you reside in another country can I still
receive my pension ? if so can I have this done over the internet. I'm pretty savvy when it comes to computers just need advice on how to do
it from another country


Lantern Swinger
You cannot apply over the internet but you can download the form.They need to see you signature!!
You have to apply 3 months before your 60th birthday.They will also pay it into a foreighn bank account
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Geoff_Wessex Bases / Shore Est 21
B The Corps 12
M Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 19

Similar threads

Latest Threads