pension.

Vmax

Hello all, I served between December 1984 and February 1994 I was invalided out after an accident. I have a war pension already. I'm now 50, Am I entitled to a RN pension, and if so at what age please?

vauxhall

Lantern Swinger
Hello all, I served between December 1984 and February 1994 I was invalided out after an accident. I have a war pension already. I'm now 50, Am I entitled to a RN pension, and if so at what age please?
Your pension was paid as soon as you were invalided and should have been index linked since the day you left. There is no further pension to start claiming, I'm afraid.

vauxhall

Lantern Swinger
Drop Veterans UK a line. Tell them you have an invaliding pension which you have been told should go up in April each year (cos that's what invaliding pensions do). Ask them why yours is different. Let us know what happens.

vauxhall

Lantern Swinger
Vmax

Before your post I had only heard of one person who had been invalided but wasn't getting annual rises. However, I am at a British Legion conference today and somebody has come to speak to me about his pension and he seems to be in exactly the same position as you are - invaliding pension with no index linking!! I have advised them, too, to contact Vets UK.

Sumo

War Hero
I have a war pension, I am sure mine goes up, last year I think all pensions stayed the same due to negative inflation?

Latest Threads