Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by Doc62, Nov 30, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I left the mob in 2003 joined in 1978 I'm 55 next year and I'm under the impression my pension will rise the thing is I don't know how much by could anybody help me with some advice I have been told that all the years in between me leaving until you are 55 are added together and Calculated to give you a new amount personally I can't believe that just need some advice
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Doc62 type Pension into the search box (top right of page) and you should find what you are looking for.
  3. Thank you very much for your help as with everything the mod does with money it is as clear as mud but I think I have a good idea
  4. When in 2003?
  5. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Just had a random sobering thought.... A guy born the year that I retired, 1974, Could now be a pensioner himself! I must take a pill and have a rest. :D
  6. you left the year I joined and I have had a pension since 1998.

Doc 62 there are many factors, rate, commutation, inflation. Most have talked on here of having increases over 70% with some during the high inflation years <100%
    • Like Like x 1
  7. November 28th
  8. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Doc watch out for Vauxhalls posts He's the man for pension advice.
  9. Okay doky cheers for that
  10. Any advice given manner will be much appreciated
  11. For a pension awarded on 28 Nov 2003 - multiply your pre-commutation pension by 1.394831 to get today's value.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Doc62 there you go anyone could have gessed the multiplier to be 1.394831 ????????????
    Vauxhalls good reply
  13. Luckily for me the government generate these figures each year. I could never have arrived at it on my own.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Either way Vauxhall your a gent, so here's question 2 where do we find out our pre commutation pension do we get it from our pension people? I ain't got no paperwork left From when I left the good old Andrew
  15. If you haven't got the paperwork, the only way you can find out what your original award was is to ask Veterans UK and the following address:

Pensions Division

Mail Point 480

Kentigern House

65 Brown Street

G2 8EX
  16. Okay doky once again thank you for your help
  17. I left in 2003 as a chief after 22 yrs. I was on £509 and it went up to £905 at 55
  18. Cheers taff that seems like a nice rise trouble is I will get hammered at the 40% tax rate because of existing job but I thought this would happened can't get out past the taxman can we even though we gave them a quarter of a century of service.
  19. your lucky I did 15 years came out 1958 given a gratuity of one hundred pounds and thanks now f o

20. I left in 2000 - again as Chief after 22. On £459 on leaving and that went up to £859 last year.
    As Doc62 alluded - tax is hit due to salary and so called free company health insurance (included in tax calcs as a benefit)