Pension

I left the mob in 2003 joined in 1978 I'm 55 next year and I'm under the impression my pension will rise the thing is I don't know how much by could anybody help me with some advice I have been told that all the years in between me leaving until you are 55 are added together and Calculated to give you a new amount personally I can't believe that just need some advice

Thank you very much for your help as with everything the mod does with money it is as clear as mud but I think I have a good idea

(granny)

RIP
Book Reviewer
Just had a random sobering thought.... A guy born the year that I retired, 1974, Could now be a pensioner himself! I must take a pill and have a rest. :D

Sumo

War Hero
Just had a random sobering thought.... A guy born the year that I retired, 1974, Could now be a pensioner himself! I must take a pill and have a rest. :D
you left the year I joined and I have had a pension since 1998.

Doc 62 there are many factors, rate, commutation, inflation. Most have talked on here of having increases over 70% with some during the high inflation years <100%

Either way Vauxhall your a gent, so here's question 2 where do we find out our pre commutation pension do we get it from our pension people? I ain't got no paperwork left From when I left the good old Andrew

vauxhall

Lantern Swinger
If you haven't got the paperwork, the only way you can find out what your original award was is to ask Veterans UK and the following address:

Pensions Division

Mail Point 480

Kentigern House

65 Brown Street

Glasgow

G2 8EX

Cheers taff that seems like a nice rise trouble is I will get hammered at the 40% tax rate because of existing job but I thought this would happened can't get out past the taxman can we even though we gave them a quarter of a century of service.

I left in 2003 as a chief after 22 yrs. I was on £509 and it went up to £905 at 55
Cheers taff that seems like a nice rise trouble is I will get hammered at the 40% tax rate because of existing job but I thought this would happened can't get out past the taxman can we even though we gave them a quarter of a century of service.

I left in 2000 - again as Chief after 22. On £459 on leaving and that went up to £859 last year.
As Doc62 alluded - tax is hit due to salary and so called free company health insurance (included in tax calcs as a benefit)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Geoff_Wessex Bases / Shore Est 21
B The Corps 12
M Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 19