Pension when living abroad

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by Ex800NAS, Jul 9, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I have been in reciept of a service pension since 1989 and have lived in Sweden since then, everything has worked well. Now I am coming up for 67 and shall retire in the Swedish system. I have paid NI contribution in UK for 22+ years, am I entitled to claim a portion of the "Old agePension" in addition to my service pension.
  2. Why not, contact the relevant departments back in old Blighty.
    Many do, there is no problem doing so.
  3. Yes, indeed you are.
  4. I too live in Sweden these days (since 2003) and although it appears that you've perhaps got a few years on me (I'm not yet 60, let alone 67) I'd be interested to know if it's best to get my RN Deferred Pension (due at 60) paid to a bank up here, or to my bank (Lloyds) back home. The "fors & againsts" seem about 50/50 to me at the moment.

    Vad ska man göra?

Share This Page