Pen & Sword Pot Luck July 2016

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Next competition is for at least 6 books from Pen & Sword, all excellent books and worth a read. This competition will run for two weeks until 7th August at some point during the day. The questions are about Malta for no other reason than I am off there on holiday so will not be around for a while (whoops of delight from the usual crew!)

The competition can be entered by completing the form to be found here: Entry Form

There is one novel and five military/naval history and maybe another off my bookshelf, we'll see how generous I feel.

Have a good holiday AG. My grandad was Maltese, I still have family there. Not that that's a threat or anything with regards the competition ;)

Ex-J - I don't think so, although I admit there are always grounds for speculation. However, BNM seems to be heading east then north - but AG appears to be heading at least south of mainland Europe.
Whatever, they would always be welcome on the Isle of Wight.....

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Ex-J - I don't think so, although I admit there are always grounds for speculation. However, BNM seems to be heading east then north - but AG appears to be heading at least south of mainland Europe.
Whatever, they would always be welcome on the Isle of Wight.....
I am often on the IoW and hope to be again later this year.

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Competition closed and winners chosen. They are:

@HHH

@rebbonk
@princess Dale of Snailville
@Mrs Peppperpot
@Notachance
@Dredd

Emails have gone to the lucky winners.

Answers: After a week on the lovely island of Malta here are the answers, all about that beautiful island.

Q1 Malta became an Republic in December 1974 - it gained Independence in 1964 but did not declare as a Republic until 1974.

Q2 Of the 21 islands that make up the archipelago of Malta, three and inhabited by humans. Malta, Gozo & Comino

Q3 Largest city/town in Malta is Birkirkara

Next quiz will be up soon.