Pecking order

War Hero
Article on the BBC about greetings.

It's the unspoken dilemma dividing Britain - one kiss, or two. Once the preserve of family and close friends, the peck on the cheek is creeping into all walks of life. But no one is sure when it's suitable, and how many are appropriate.

The firm I work for is about 50% female and I don't recall anything more than a handshake.

D

Deleted 7

It's custom over this way to greet a guest with a kiss on each cheek, I did it in the uk once, so use to it! I got such a rude look and swore the dude was going to knock me sideways!

Yes Loggie, but its' hard to kiss with a stiff upper lip.
My immediate family, male members included, have always kissed each other on the cheek as a greeting or a goodbye.

icantfly

Lantern Swinger
Jenny_Dabber said:
It's custom over this way to greet a guest with a kiss on each cheek, I did it in the uk once, so use to it! I got such a rude look and swore the dude was going to knock me sideways!
Honey, anytime you want to kiss my cheeks, consider them presented ;)

I had dinner with a friend over from France the other week. She's now completely confused as some of our friends shake hands, some kiss once, twice, three times on the cheeks, and some hug. I suppose that's what happens when you have so many multi-national friends

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Karma said:
The firm I work for is about 50% female and I don't recall anything more than a handshake.
Personally I've always found kissing people I'm about to interview somewhat off-putting.

It's OK for them because I'm essence of course....

icantfly

Lantern Swinger
Ninja_Stoker said:
Karma said:
Personally I've always found kissing people I'm about to interview somewhat off-putting.

It's OK for them because I'm essence of course....
So you don't find that a quick snog before the interview calms them down? :thumright:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS CMA letter to Nationwide about a breach of the PPI Order MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA letter to Lloyds about 18 breaches of the PPI Order MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA letter to Shelby Finance Limited on breaches of the Payday Lending Order MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA letter to RBSG on 2 breaches of the Retail Banking Order MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Propeller manufacturer secures order to Bangladesh with UKEF support MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Transport update: A38 Derby Junctions Development Consent Order MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA letter to Metro Bank on breaches of the Retail Banking Order MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Leicester illegal waste site blocked by restriction order MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Upholding the UN Charter in order to end the violence in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Order to proscribe far-right terrorist group comes into force MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA letter to Tesco on breaches of the Groceries Controlled Land Order MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Kent Angler convicted for unlicensed fishing and public order offences MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA letter to Nationwide on breaches of the Retail Banking Order MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Creditors entitled to receive £500k following compensation order MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Unqualified Bolton Immigration Adviser given Community Order. MoD News 0
O Advice needed on order of medals earned by my Granddad in WW2 History 29
S Parade order Current Affairs 14
R What do you go through in order to earn your Dolphins? Submariners 24
MoD_RSS Drug firms admit to colluding in order to keep prices up MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Brexit Secretary signs order to scrap 1972 Brussels Act - ending all EU law in the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA letter to Nationwide on further breaches of the NI PCA Banking Order MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Invasive Species Order 2019: consultation opens MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Consultation on a revision to Harbour Order application fees MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Convicted Unqualified Immigration Advisor gets unpaid work order MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Crime news: Submission of Defendant’s Costs Order claims MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Magistrates order 15 anglers to pay almost £9,000 for illegal fishing activity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Peppino Fiori: repeat offender subject to confiscation order MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Crime news: court appointee and defence cost order claim forms MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Charity Commission intends to order a veterans charity to wind up MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: CMA secures court order against viagogo MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Insolvency Service grants 250,000 Debt Relief Order MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK to double F-35 fleet with 17-jet order, Defence Secretary announces MoD News 0
Wightsparker Order for work on Type 26 frigates? Current Affairs 3
H RT, Medical, Interview - In which order? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
BillyNoMates Admiralty Fleet Order (AFO 6127/44) History 1
MoD_RSS Speech: In defence of a rules based order: transatlantic security co-operation in a... MoD News 0
Ships_Cat Wolfentstein: The New Order Gaming 8
M Does anyone know where I can order RN Name badges to be delivered in a hurry-Exeter? The Quarterdeck 11
BillyNoMates Order early for Christmas 2012. Diamond Lil's 0
soleil Last 50 Not In Chronological Order Site Issues 2
MoD_RSS Defence Secretary responds to criticism over Navy tankers order Current Affairs 8
A In what order? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
trelawney126 F35 Bang Out of Order The Fleet Air Arm 0
Merlin28 Scum of the highest order Current Affairs 60
tug1970 Law and Order Diamond Lil's 20
stan_the_man HMS ARK ROYAL REDEDICATION 2001 ORDER OF SERVICE The Quarterdeck 1
soleil NW Evening Mail: "Astute Order Boost for Shipyard" Submariners 7
P Strangest Direct Order !! Diamond Lil's 8
KATWEEZIL In which order... Diamond Lil's 20
J WARNING ORDER. IN NEED OF EX-NAVY AND EX-MARINES The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 3