Pecking order

Article on the BBC about greetings.

It's the unspoken dilemma dividing Britain - one kiss, or two. Once the preserve of family and close friends, the peck on the cheek is creeping into all walks of life. But no one is sure when it's suitable, and how many are appropriate.

The firm I work for is about 50% female and I don't recall anything more than a handshake.

It's custom over this way to greet a guest with a kiss on each cheek, I did it in the uk once, so use to it! I got such a rude look and swore the dude was going to knock me sideways!

Yes Loggie, but its' hard to kiss with a stiff upper lip.
My immediate family, male members included, have always kissed each other on the cheek as a greeting or a goodbye.

icantfly

Lantern Swinger
Jenny_Dabber said:
It's custom over this way to greet a guest with a kiss on each cheek, I did it in the uk once, so use to it! I got such a rude look and swore the dude was going to knock me sideways!
Honey, anytime you want to kiss my cheeks, consider them presented ;)

I had dinner with a friend over from France the other week. She's now completely confused as some of our friends shake hands, some kiss once, twice, three times on the cheeks, and some hug. I suppose that's what happens when you have so many multi-national friends

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Karma said:
The firm I work for is about 50% female and I don't recall anything more than a handshake.
Personally I've always found kissing people I'm about to interview somewhat off-putting.

It's OK for them because I'm essence of course....

icantfly

Lantern Swinger
Ninja_Stoker said:
Karma said:
Personally I've always found kissing people I'm about to interview somewhat off-putting.

It's OK for them because I'm essence of course....
So you don't find that a quick snog before the interview calms them down? :thumright:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B History 0
Seadog Current Affairs 2
Jenny_Dabber Current Affairs 0