Peak flow diary follow up

Evening,

When I was born I had a few signs of asthma, never supplied with an inhaler and was completely cleared up
before I could even walk. But from my medical I was still required to complete a peak flow diary which I am now in the last week of. My question is, once I have completed this and I am passed as fit by the doc, will that be the end of it or will I have to go on for further testing at a later date?
Also, just out of curiosity, my readings are slightly lower in the morning than the evening (around 15-20) is that normal?

thanks in advance and sorry if similar has been posted before!

nemesis1066

Lantern Swinger
Afternoon,

If you pass the Peak Flow Diary and check on your GP, then that should be it.
Also it is normal to have some variance, its the % of it that it the defining figure and consistency of the occurence.

Hope all goes well.

Ideal, I was just wondering if they did any follow up tests at Raleigh or at PRNC Ect..
Out of curiosity, do you know the % around which is deemed normal?
Quick web search shows up around 15% but im guessing the Navy regulations are bit more strict?

Thanks again,

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
There is no future requirement to undergo a peak flow diary after joining.

If someone with a previous history of asthma is later found to still have the condition, then in all probability they will be medically discharged.

@angrydoc My peak flow reading is 400 - I'm female, 23, 159cm and quite little in build. Is this acceptable or do I fall into not good enough sunshine category? Desperately want to join...