PDA and the next step

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by dancoates, Aug 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys

Passed the recruitment process at my AFCO quite easily. I was told at my interview that I could be doing my PDA in Oct or Feb, maybe even May! So I have alot of time to wait between then and now which I am using to the best of my ability! If all things go well and I pass my PDA does anybody know the waiting time to then get into Raleigh?

Aa a side note has anyone who has had interviews for Diver 2 (Mine Clearance Diver) in the past few weeks had any speak of a potential PDA date? They really need to start up more PDA's!

Looking forward to your replies!
    Dan

It's never a failure. It's always a lesson

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  2. If and when you qualify. You will see how busy the staff are at DDS. Teaching is the worst draft in the branch and the school is relentless. You will see how there is no redundancy in courses and squeezing in more PDA's to satisfy a load of duffers isn't top of the agenda.

3. As I said previously the intake now seems to be May. All the october and February slots filled up after really high failure from the last two courses. I missed the october intake by a week and I did the run at the beginning of July. It took a month for me to get my date.

Call your CA - he will be able to give you the info he has.

Also bear in mind only 3 out of 12 passed the last course. So if you think you are fit now you probably need to double it.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)