PC Pizza

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by brazenhussy, Jan 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. what the hell is this country coming to?

2. seems like a good gimmick to get kids discussing issues around diet and cultural preferences. Pizza is a well known food - even thickies will probably know what one is ... mind you talk about dumbed down Britain .. but hey the Sun (with its restricted vocabulary for the educationally challenged) should know all about that

:threaten:

3. Why oh why does this not surprise me , kinnell .

4. Agreed, it's a rather clever idea actually. I found the sun's pizza rather funny though. I can see how it would work, because the children would suggest cheese and salami and other such staples of the pizza topping, and then the teacher could explain who doesn't eat those foods and where that happens.

I don't think it's a case of "Political correctness gone mad". But it is the Sun, so what do you expect :D

5. It's missing a few toppings. Some veal, pork, horse, dog, dolphin and a splash of monkey brains and we can upset a few more people. Fcuk 'em I say.

6. seals, whales and ground up peaceniks should ruffle a few feathers too

7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

8. Whatever happened to jam butties I ask thee.

No wonder all the kids are obese fat tawts.

Jam butties and a glass of water not diet coke and pizza or Mac arse holes an eyelid nuggets.

9. Ok, its not as easy as suggested, the task was to 'discuss which toppings might upset religious groups, veggies or people with allergies'.

But you should also have to take into consideration the base when the final category is used.

So can any RR member come up with one that would not be objectionable to ANYONE.

10. How about 'custard' - nothing religeous about that.

11. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Nope. It has eggs, gluten and dairy products in it... NEXT! :thumright:

12. Anything 'Halal', that will make them happy and we'll eat any shit.

13. I personally think it is impossible to produce a pc pizza, in accordance with the guidelines given, you will always be able to find some one who is allergic to any ingredient.

In my case, apart from the fact i cannot stand the smell of cheese, i am allergic to cheese, and the smallest quantity in my food means a nice splatter of said food over the nearest floor/wall (and sometimes ceiling) within 20-30 minutes.

The number of people who are lactose intolerant or have allergies to Wheat/Gluten (the two are not the same) are growing annually. The lactose intolerances could have something to do with the amount of milk products in our food (you would be very surprised at some of the things that contain milk products ie whey, lactose, powdered/dried milk - have a look at the ingredients of common every day foods you buy).

14. Roast Kenyan seems quite popular at the moment.