PC Not powering down

Discussion in 'Bloody Computers' started by PinkMafiosi, Aug 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Although I shut down Windows (Win 7) the box thingy stays powered up with things whirring away inside and the screen shut down too.

It's too late to do a restore methinks, as this has been going on for a while.

Any ideas?

2. Is it a new system? How long have you owned it?
  3. Try holding the power button down for 10 (or so) seconds until the computer powers down. Then re-start whilst holding F5 and select Safe Mode when prompted.

If that doesnt work try un-plugging it and then restarting as above.

Hope that helps!
  4. purchase a mac ,no virus, no spam, no problems
  5. Just "Apple Tax"
  6. Are you sure you are set up to shut down when you click on the button, and not put the PC to sleep?

Click on the arrow to the right of the box you click on to shut down and see what your options are.
  7. Just put an "i" in front of "tax", and you'd probably queue up all night to be the first to pay it!
  8. But more bollox than a negerian saying he is honest. Why do you mac ******* fall for that nonsense.

9. Jonno - its about 4 yrs old now - bought from new
  10. Tried that - but no joy
  11. I was going to say something along tose lines - albeit a tad less forcefully :lol:
  12. Dont know if you are still serving but bung it down the stairs, leave it in the bath tub or see how well built it is by letting gravity take over then claim of your kit insurance. Its what I use to do.