Payment of rent/Phone bill etc while training

Hello, new to this, extremely excited to do my PRNC and hopefully pass to go to HMS RALEIGH as a ETMA, found out my start date for Raleigh is the 10th of June if all goes well at Rosyth, I am in full time work right now and pay bills, roughly around £400 a month, would I need to save up this money before leaving for the 10 weeks training or does the navy give you some sort of help? any advice would help.

thank you! I just haven't been told and I didn't know if you only got paid at phase 2 training, just wanted to make sure so I didn't have to save up :)

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Probably a good idea to have a chat with your careers adviser with regard pay & financial commitments, just so you have it clear in your mind and can budget accordingly.

Seadog

War Hero
Probably a good idea to have a chat with your careers adviser with regard pay & financial commitments, just so you have it clear in your mind and can budget accordingly.
If the OP becomes a recruit, it may be better to make all payments standing orders or direct debits and have a word with the bank to the effect that; due to a change of job and change of salary provider there is a remote chance that there may be interruptions to my cash flow. If so, will you please honour my commitments and let me know of any snags. Applies to any job change.

Or embrace Internet banking. I resisted it for ages but it's great and I'm converted. And just the other day a nice Nigerian asked for my password so he could deposit £13 000 000 from a dead aunt into my account. Win win.

Or embrace Internet banking. I resisted it for ages but it's great and I'm converted. And just the other day a nice Nigerian asked for my password so he could deposit £13 000 000 from a dead aunt into my account. Win win.
We must be related, he called me as well, told me some old dog didn't want it so it was all mine. With this kind of luck I'll win the Euro lottery tomorrow. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Diamond Lil's 6
buffer01 The Quarterdeck 7
Squirrel The Fleet 8