Payment of rent/Phone bill etc while training

Hello, new to this, extremely excited to do my PRNC and hopefully pass to go to HMS RALEIGH as a ETMA, found out my start date for Raleigh is the 10th of June if all goes well at Rosyth, I am in full time work right now and pay bills, roughly around £400 a month, would I need to save up this money before leaving for the 10 weeks training or does the navy give you some sort of help? any advice would help.

thank you! I just haven't been told and I didn't know if you only got paid at phase 2 training, just wanted to make sure so I didn't have to save up :)

pompeyexpat

War Hero
You get paid, but depending on your entry it could be up to 6 weeks after you join so it would be an idea to plan ahead.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Probably a good idea to have a chat with your careers adviser with regard pay & financial commitments, just so you have it clear in your mind and can budget accordingly.

Seadog

War Hero
Probably a good idea to have a chat with your careers adviser with regard pay & financial commitments, just so you have it clear in your mind and can budget accordingly.
If the OP becomes a recruit, it may be better to make all payments standing orders or direct debits and have a word with the bank to the effect that; due to a change of job and change of salary provider there is a remote chance that there may be interruptions to my cash flow. If so, will you please honour my commitments and let me know of any snags. Applies to any job change.

Or embrace Internet banking. I resisted it for ages but it's great and I'm converted. And just the other day a nice Nigerian asked for my password so he could deposit £13 000 000 from a dead aunt into my account. Win win.

Sumo

War Hero
Or embrace Internet banking. I resisted it for ages but it's great and I'm converted. And just the other day a nice Nigerian asked for my password so he could deposit £13 000 000 from a dead aunt into my account. Win win.
We must be related, he called me as well, told me some old dog didn't want it so it was all mine. With this kind of luck I'll win the Euro lottery tomorrow. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Student Loans Company calls on students in Wales to prepare for payment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Student Loans Company calls on students to get ready for payment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New payment for people self-isolating in highest risk areas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Basic Payment Scheme simplified for farmers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus (COVID-19): ministerial direction for early payment of grants MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Update on Fisheries Response Fund: Further payment for eligible businesses MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UKEF expands protection against non-payment for UK exporters MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC late payment interest rates to be revised after Bank of England cuts base rate following second emergency meeting MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Payment Holidays offered to Help to Buy homeowners affected by Covid-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The redundancy payment services (RPS) telephone helpline is temporarily closed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Payment software deal cleared by CMA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC urges people to prepare for Capital Gains Tax payment change MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC late payment interest rates to be revised after Bank of England reduces rate MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Update on farm payment schemes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Get ready for changes to Capital Gains Tax payment for UK property sales MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DBS launches new payment option for online basic DBS checks MoD News 1
MoD_RSS Payment software deal does not raise competition concerns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Paramedic students will get £5,000 support payment each year MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister backs NHS staff with £5,000 annual payment for nursing students MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Nursing students to receive £5,000 payment a year MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Addition of card and online payment for Bangladesh visa customers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Merger of payment software providers raises competition concerns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS BPS 2019 payment exchange rate set MoD News 0
MoD_RSS September apprenticeship payment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tough new rules on prompt payment come into force MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Student Loans Company calls on students to prepare for payment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chancellor Philip Hammond calls out late payment culture MoD News 0
MoD_RSS All new rapid chargepoints should offer card payment by 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Development of new antibiotics encouraged with new pharmaceutical payment system MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New laws to guarantee payment for solar homes providing excess electricity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Monarch Airlines – receiving your protective award payment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Trucker making mobile card payment caught by HGV supercabs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Explaining your redundancy payment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Late payment interest released for small design business following payment practices complaint against Jordans & Ryvita MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Threat of legal action leads to payment of fine over Humber incident MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Payment scheme for former British child migrants MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Civil news: clarification on payment rules for judicial review MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) claims and the Official Receiver MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: 93.4% of Basic Payment Scheme claims paid in December MoD News 0
SamWar Nsmbos and Lump Sum Payment Finance & Pensions 9
S JPA Payment Finance & Pensions 10
Seaweed Should the payment of ransoms to pirates be criminalised? Current Affairs 10
TheLa MCTC Back Payment... Finance & Pensions 3
WreckerL Economic Stimulas payment Miscellaneous 0
Ninja_Stoker Redundancy reduction in payment? - changes to AFPS 75 Finance & Pensions 6
trelawney126 No Winter Fuel Payment for this 94year old Ex Serviceman Current Affairs 16
soleil Mne McBean in bid to have his compensation payment revised The Corps 7
MoD_RSS New measures to protect UK high street from aggressive rent collection and closure MoD News 0
H Basic training rent, submariner rent in faslane Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS PCA Statement on Tied Rent During the COVID-19 Emergency Period MoD News 0