Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

PAYD during Basic training

We had the 4man LET accomodation for our first week, the mess was fine but the communal areas were shocking with no lighting and all showers broken in one way or another,
now we're in the 1929 block its slightly better but not great.

So it's week 3 ( I got backclassed for failing WHT) just about to go into MTU again tomorrow and I've noted that this place isn't as bad as people make it sound (not everyone) the showers are all broken in one way or another though and I've figured out everything, EVERYTHING the instructors do here is a test to test your resolve and stress resistance! Fun fun!

WHT = Weapon Handling Test. Basically the correct procedures for the SA80, such as misfires,jams etc. You have to do it throughout your career, not just in Phase 1.

Thought you where going in as AET? Or am I thinking of a different bloke ? Ps whats WHT? Cheers im a newbie hopefull.

Yeah it's me that's going in for AET but everybody from stewards to officers has to go through the Weapons Handling Test - it's pretty solid if your not paying attention and dont revise but it's flying by now 2nd time round! Here's hoping to passing the test tomorrow at 10 am!

Latest Threads