Pay rise.

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by Jess33, Jan 4, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi I am into phase 3 submariner training. Joined around 18 months ago when do you get a pay rise - many thanks in advance.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You currently get a cost of living pay rise around April each year, an incremental pay rise on the anniversary of your incremental basic date (usually 6 months after date of joining or promotion). Once you complete SMQ Dry & SMQ Wet, you should get your (taxable) £5k bounty if eligible and RRP(Submariner) daily rate of pay.

You should be able to check this with your local, friendly Logistician pen pusher, deliverers assuming the UPO isn't closed for task book training.

• Like Like x 1
  3. as the cost of living was just under zero for pensions we are not getting a pension rise this year, so do not expect to much in April?

4. 2 and quarter % for me, plus an increase to 5% (from 4%) in matched pension contributions (from 1st Jan).

I also get every other Friday off (trial until April) with a new working routine.

Changes to Flexitime have been mentioned too.

5. The only chances of flexi-time on board a sub when not in any form of refit period consists of working till 4 but being flexible enough to stay as late as the WEO/MEO decide that afternoon

6. Nothing has changed then
    My flexible
    07:00 - 15:30 Mon - Thurs
    12:00 on Friday
    No weekends if I do more hours I get overtime or flex for time in liue