Pay Rise 2009?

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by hornypiano, Mar 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone heard rumours on the new pay rise. It's very unusual that we don't know the new rate this late in March. I have heard a rumour that the government are flapping as the 2009 rise should go up in line with November's inflation rate (over 5%). This will cost them a lot of money on top of the cash already spent on bailing out the banks. Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

2. from prime ministers question today 25/03/09

Q5. [266013] Mr. Philip Dunne (Ludlow) (Con): The Armed Forces Pay Review Body submitted its report to the Prime Minister on 29 January. Why should our personnel serving in the field still have no idea whether they will get any pay rise by Wednesday next week? Does the delay reflect more about the Government’s attitude towards the armed forces, or is it another example of dithering incompetence?

Ms Harman: The Government have been unswerving, and rightly so, in our commitment to our armed forces. The Minister of State for Defence will open a full day’s debate on the armed services tomorrow, and I am sure that he will address that point.

3. Rarely a precise and succinct answer... Passing the buck

4. You may be hearing something along the lines of...
    "Due to the current economic climate H.M Forces will not be receiving a pay rise this year......Now moving onto MPs allowances, 10% increase all round sound OK? All in favour say Aye." 8O

Hopefully not of course. :D

5. Aye!

My understanding is that HMG will retain their commitment to increasing the remuneration on HM Forces whilst reneging on other (non-professional public sector) pay deals. Given the recruitment shortfall in HM Forces perhaps it's time to transfer civil serpents into front line roles in Afganistan - especially those who recycled oxygen candles for boats to save money! :evil:

6. Aye!

My understanding is that HMG will retain their commitment to increasing the remuneration on HM Forces whilst reneging on other (non-professional public sector) pay deals. Given the recruitment shortfall in HM Forces perhaps it's time to transfer civil serpents into front line roles in Afganistan - especially those who recycled oxygen candles for boats to save money! :evil:

7. I think it's been announced that the pay rise is 2.8%

8. No thinking about it, it is 2.8%, somepeople must really live in the sticks, it was announced days ago.

9. There are non so blind as those who do not either want or wish to see.

Considering the current state of the financial state of the exchequer, the Armed forces have done well this pay round.

However; as always where will be some winging whinning [email protected] who will think differently and consider that they have been badly served.....

"INCOMING" bring it on!!!!!

10. I think you may have misinterpreted exactly what/who HTP was having a poke at. He isn't complaining about the pay rise...think on! :wink:

11. I was trying to be ironic. But it seems I failed

12. ...and I suppose that in itself is somewhat ironic... :lol: