Pay query.

Ive had a little search but i haven't quite found what i was looking for.
I can see that you get 4 months on and 3 months off on average.
On these three months off do you still get paid monthly or are you essentially unemplyed until you go back to sea?

Thanks.

Canoe

Badgeman
You get paid a salary which is the same every month, whether you're on a ship, at home, or on a course.

As Canoe says, given you get a permanent full time contract you'll be paid every month regardless of where you are. The amount may change dependant on wether you're earning extra money for certain things, if things like hazard pay etc exist in the RFA (not sure myself, still going through joining). It's essentially the same as any other contract within the merchant navy as a whole from what I gather.

Canoe

Badgeman
As Canoe says, given you get a permanent full time contract you'll be paid every month regardless of where you are. The amount may change dependant on wether you're earning extra money for certain things, if things like hazard pay etc exist in the RFA (not sure myself, still going through joining). It's essentially the same as any other contract within the merchant navy as a whole from what I gather.
As far as I'm aware, the only extra pay you'll get is a nominal amount (£40 a month is it? I haven't done it) if you're SSEP for a trip.

Any 'extras' got rolled into the base pay well before I joined.

Klanky67

Lantern Swinger
You also get £24 a month for signing up to the sponsored reservist. I think that's on completion of your EDH.

Bluebird79

Lantern Swinger
Sponsored reserves allowance of £300 a year (25 a month) once you sign your contract. Whether you get it after your EDH as a deck apprentice I can’t say