Pay in the RN

Balwearie101

Badgeman
Hi guys

Just wondering how your pay progresses after phase 2 in the RN. I’m aware that you’ll be on around £14,000 through basic, and £18,000 after phase two, but is it based on rank? I met a Royal Marine who was a Cpl and was on £36,000 a year, although he had been in for 8 years and made the decision not to take any promotions after that.
All input is appreciated, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishhead

War Hero
Hi guys

Just wondering how your pay progresses after phase 2 in the RN. I’m aware that you’ll be on around £14,000 through basic, and £18,000 after phase two, but is it based on rank? I met a Royal Marine who was a Cpl and was on £36,000 a year, although he had been in for 8 years and made the decision not to take any promotions after that.
All input is appreciated, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Take a read through this. It may answer your question
https://www.navy-net.co.uk/community/threads/rn-pay.169219/

IlikeB33r

Lantern Swinger
I'm a ET1 ME Submariner and I'm now on the £20,406 as a basic salary. That said including all my submarine pay/sea pay etc I made £35k in the last financial year. (Also on the basis you do one patrol/deployment a year)

However you probably won't make anything near this as an AB2-1 skimmer.

A LET or LH submariner will typically make above the £40k mark annually.

Hope this helps.

FunkyJunky

War Hero
I'm a ET1 ME Submariner and I'm now on the £20,406 as a basic salary. That said including all my submarine pay/sea pay etc I made £35k in the last financial year. (Also on the basis you do one patrol/deployment a year)

However you probably won't make anything near this as an AB2-1 skimmer.

A LET or LH submariner will typically make above the £40k mark annually.

Hope this helps.
A Skimmer will probably (almost definitely) have a far better time/quality of life in the RN mind and visit more places

Sumo

War Hero
This is true. But I rather have time off and not have to go to Gibraltar. Personal preference.
went to Gib on Triumph so that's a strange reason for wanting boats? Many more on here will have been to Gib on boats, I also went there about 20 times as a skimmer,always had a good run, physically & socially?

IlikeB33r

Lantern Swinger
Said the person who hasn't been to Gib!
Merely a joke because the Navy is always there.

went to Gib on Triumph so that's a strange reason for wanting boats? Many more on here will have been to Gib on boats, I also went there about 20 times as a skimmer,always had a good run, physically & socially?
Only a joke Sumo, sure it is a good run a shore.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
I went to Gib. for about an hour once, always felt seen off as I had to spend my time in the Far East and the West Indies. :rolleyes: