Pay for work in unpleasant conditions

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by CWNG, Sep 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So when do we know when its time to slap in a claim?

Whilst currently serving in Iraq (average temp outside is 43), I am continuously having to walk around wearing Combat Body Armour (CBA), my SA-80 and ammo. I live in a small green box which measures around 7' by 12' with 2 metal frame beds and 2 metal lockers. This is however going to be changed shortly to a Baghdad Bunker (Concrete block surrounding a matress on the floor with a metal plate over the top with 2 layers of sand-bags on the top of it). This will now reduce any kind of space that we had and increase dust levels. It will reduce the size of the corimec by 2/3 and the other third is required for our lockers (whose doors will have to be removed cause we cant open them).

The basics of running water is never constant, often having to have a bottled water shower/shave (army love it)(they wonder why so many people get D and V out here). Toilets are available when water is available, however the water is always off in our building by 19:30 in the evening.

It was never this bad back in the 80's on diesel boats

Does LSA cover living like this?
  2. Does hard lying money still exist?
  3. I think they have changed the name to "Pay for work in unpleasant conditions" (PWUC)
  4. Used to get "Payment for work of an objectionable nature" for unblocking shithouses and cleaning out the sewage treatment plants! Chippys party perks! :pukel: :toilet: :pukel: :toilet: :pukel: :toilet: :tp: :tp: :tp: :thumright:
  5. PWUC does still exist and is temperature dependent. Check with the UPO (or its equivalent) for the latest rules. There have been a number of representations over the years on this, so there might be precedent.
  6. The hangar on HMS Ocean was almost unbearable on Telic and down around Sierra Leone. Thank god for boat bays.....

Even our grots got redders. However, that was nothing compared to the TAG Seniors mess when it was full, especially as the air con never worked......
  7. Luxury, I used to live int cardboard box int middle of road...

Is it still the case that commissioned officers are not entitled to PWUC?

8. The question of Officers not getting PWUC was an ongoing representation in Telic I. Never did hear the outcome...
  9. We still do, and very welcome it is too!