Pay day

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by Davem1379, Jan 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As the last working day this month is on monday, when do the funds clear into the bank. Rumour is that they go in tonight. Anyone got an idea?

2. Traditionally, as folk are a tad short of cash after Christmas, January pay goes in on January 25. Have you checked your bank account?

3. Yeah, it's empty. Lol

4. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I've been paid, ring JPA (open until 10pm) on 0909 943 0650. They should quickly sort it out.

5. Money is available to the banks a few days before the end of the month. Some banks pay it in the day before it's due (if it's due on a Monday, or a Tuesday following a bank-holiday-Monday, the day before it's due is the Friday), some banks pay it in at the start of the day it's due, and some pay it in towards the end of the working day. So, some people will have their pay in today, and some will not have it until Monday afternoon. If you are one of those who does not get it until the last minute, and you are unhappy with this, your best recourse is to change banks.

6. My pay went in on the 14th.

7. Mine goes in when I put in :-D. It also goes out due to tax being due Monday =(