Pay Dates

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by andy198712, Feb 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

did a quick search and didn't get what i wanted.

Whats the deal with pay in the Navy?

i start my basic on the 28th April, so when will i get paid and whats the cut offs ect?

just trying to work out if i can afford any time off before i start from my current job. i was informed about advances ect on my PRNC but didnt grab the pay dates ect

Cheers

Andy

2. We are paid on the last working day of every month. As you join on the 28th of the month you will have missed that months pay run and will therefore get the final days of Aprils pay in Mays pay packet.

3. cheers, so whats the pay dates as in, what your paid for? 1st to last working day or?

4. The armed forces are paid 24 hours a day, 365 days a year on a monthly basis.

5. ok i'm with you, so on the last working day i get the pay for that month yeah? so in may i'll get a months pay, or will i just get the last 2-3 days of April and have to wait another month to get a full months pay?

sorry for the questions just trying to get it straight in my mind wether i have to wait 4 weeks to get paid for 8 which would be very tough!

6. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

See post ~2

• Like Like x 1
  7. ok cool so May's will have a little extra in it. did i get that right?

8. No ................................

9. piss, so end of may i'll get paid for 3 days then end of June i'll get paid for a month right?

month in hand....

bugga :(

10. It's like being at the dentist answering you.

• Like Like x 1
  11. lol i've still got this wrong then? i'll ring afco in the morn, probably easier on them as they get paid for it lol

12. #2 ..................

13. yes but doesn't state when the cut off day is?

i got it that we get paid on the last working day, but for what period ?

who'd of thought i'd be able to do AET!

14. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Errr, the month.

15. first of the month to that last day in the month yh?

16. Cough splutter.

17. Andy, I think you're getting confused with the response you received in the now oft quoted post #2. 'May's pay packet' does indeed mean the pay you will be due in May, so you are not paid with a month 'in hand' (can't remember the exact words you used). At the end of May you will, sorry, should, be paid for the last couple of days in April and all of May (minus my commission). Don't worry about appearing uninformed, I knew people who had served for several years and would still call February's pay March's pay and wonder why they only got 28/29 days pay.

They have all been summarily executed though.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thanks! yh wasnt getting it, think its one of those things you can get in person....or i'm just a fuckwit lol

thanks for that, so my first pay day will be fri 31st May as above and it will contain 1 months pay PLUS those couple days.... if thats the case its great, if not it will be tough till the next pay packet!

19. You got it Andy.

20. too many apparently, but there all webbed together ;)