Pay After PVR

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by Obelix, Aug 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

I PVR'd in Nov 2009, having served exactly 6 months, and am rejoining this Sept.

Regarding my pay, will I be back on the new entrant rate of pay of £13895 or will my six months already done be taken into account, meaning I'll be on £17265?

2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Why did you PVR?

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Unless you completed the standard initial training period (SITP = Initial Naval training = trade training), you will normally join on the new entry rate of pay - unless recruited as a part-trained re-entrant, exempt Initial Naval Training at HMS Raleigh.

Generally if you submit PVR - unlucky - you are not entitled to opt out upon rejoining either.

4. You should think yourself lucky that you are being allowed to rejoin, wages are really a secondary concern. You'll find out when you get your first pay chit. For the record it really pisses me off when people are allowed to rejoin after they pvr. Do you think the RN has changed since you left and it will be all pink and fluffy. I fully expect you to tell me that I don't know the circumstances and that it is none of my business, I just hope I never have the bad fortune to have to be your DO.

5. I heard it was after a bust up with Chico over ironing skills!

6. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Are you also known as Marmalade??

7. Thanks Ninja Stoker. Reason I asked was my class leader during phase 1 was a former bootie nod who'd also PVR'd having done 6 months, and I vaguely remember him mentioning something about his pay being higher as a result of passing the 6 month mark. Wanted to confirm this, no expectations, just curious.