Pay after phase 2 submariners.

klgreload

Badgeman
From what i hear you get a pay rise after passing out of phase 2. Aswell as submariner pay when you get your dolhpins. However Iam currently training to be CISSM. Im due to finish my phase 2 course in a few months and was wondering. Will my pay increase after passing the CIS Course or will i have to wait till after SMQ? Does SMQ count as phase 2 training for me?

WreckerL

War Hero
Your pay goes up after you've been in for 6 months, SMQ isn't part of Phase 2.

You say "from what I hear" and ask for clarification on an unofficial website, why don't (or haven't) you asked your DO or the UPO?

klgreload

Badgeman
Best thing to do is plan your budget on what you are certain you will be paid then anything else is a bonus.
Yeah thats what i been doing. but just found out today I had some unexpected costs. So just needed to pinch some of the money out my savings and was just wondering when I will be getting these "bonuses" so i can get my savings backup to what they were.

WreckerL

War Hero
The 6 month point pay rise is not a "bonus" . Your PVR option has expired so you go on to the normal pay rates. All this will have been explained to you at the AFCO and again at Raleigh during Phase 1 training.

klgreload

Badgeman
The 6 month point pay rise is not a "bonus" . Your PVR option has expired so you go on to the normal pay rates. All this will have been explained to you at the AFCO and again at Raleigh during Phase 1 training.
Iam aware of this. I have had my 6 month pay rise already. I know its not a bonus. I was just asking will my pay rise again once i got my branch badge or do I have to wait till after SMQ?

WreckerL

War Hero
Annual pay rise on increment levels, submarine pay after getting your dolphins so after SMQ, dry and wet phases, and passing your board.