Pausing an application

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by LateToTheParty, Sep 1, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I just need a little advise as I've passed all my tests and awaiting for a date from the allocation centre and I was fully ready but yesterday the managing director of the company I work for rang me out of the blue and has offered me a position as a senior manager (you know 9-5, salary, car, office, staff). It's really knocked me for six as its a big opportunity being 20years younger than all other managers.

So varicella I need to know if you can put an application on hold while at I consider my options also any opinions are appreciated.

Thanks

2. I'm sorry I can't offer you any advice but congratulations on your random word insertion :rolleyes:
    I had to google it and I now know a new word for chickenpox, so my time wasn't completely wasted :D

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Yes, but it will extend your entry time obviously. Depending on the delay time it could negate you RT and medical etc

4. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

As you've not been allocated a date yet, why do you need to suspend your application at this stage? Whilst the initial stages of joining the RN have been completed promptly, it could be sometime before you get your date.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Congratulations on the job offer!

Yep, just call your AFCO and ask to withdraw your current application until further notice. By doing so, you leave the door open to return if things don't pan out as you'd hope.

The recruit test remains valid three years, the PJFT pass 6 months & all other selection elements 12 months, should you wish to re-apply.

6. The afco phoned me today with a joining date in mid November, the demand for mesm's must be big.

7. You can read into that many things. Many join Boats(submarines) only to find the lifestyle does not agree with them. If you like Scotland and being at sea for longish periods then you may find it is what you're looking for in a career but it will be a long time before you'll be offered anything that compares with what your current employer has laid out before you. It is only a personal opinion but I think if I were you I'd hold fire with the RN and see how the new job goes as you have very little to lose. If the new job stinks then re-apply and you'll be very welcome.
    Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

8. If you take the job offer there's always the RNR if you want to wear a blue suit.