Pathe Newsreel - Pompey - Navy Days - 1969

Thnaks Soleil, brought back some good memories there.

I don't recall my ship being open then, I think we'd hadn't long arrived from Belfast having commissioned in June that year (Cherry B F75) and were still getting ready.

:)

Bloody hell, HMS Blake. Now that brings back memories. She and HMS Tiger were coming to the end of their time when I joined, but I always marvelled at them. I served with a few oppos who had served on one or the other, and they all spoke fondly of them.

type42stoker said:
Bloody hell, HMS Blake. Now that brings back memories. She and HMS Tiger were coming to the end of their time when I joined, but I always marvelled at them. I served with a few oppos who had served on one or the other, and they all spoke fondly of them.
Funny you should say that.....most comments I had about those drafts during my time in the Andrew (64 - 74) was that they were bloody awful... :eek: 8)

I was there Just confirmed it with my mother. She still has the pics somewhere, I was a cute little 4 year old at the time. I'm sure there is a picture of me sitting on a Carronade.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
scouse History 0
YouAreHavingALaugh Current Affairs 53
S Current Affairs 47