passport

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by BMB0113, Jul 27, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have my PRNC on September 1st, my passport is taking longer than id like to get here. if it doesn't arrive in time what will happen? do i get backtracked to a later PRNC date?

Thanks in advance.

2. Passport isn't on the kitlist...

3. Maybe he/she needs to use his/her passport to enter the UK - overseas recruit with entitlement to serve?

4. No I'm from the uk, I received an email saying that they will need my passport number before I leave for PRNC.

5. "With reference to your application for the Naval Service, I reminded you on 9 December last year that you need a passport before you can join on 2 November 2014. Can you please confirm that you have obtained a passport and if so please inform me of the passport number, issue and expiry date" - that's basically the email I received.

6. So you've had just under a year to sort it out and have now left it to the last minute. Getting back tracked is all you deserve! :)
    P.S top tip, ask the recruiter that is asking for your passport number..he is the only one that really knows.

7. I didn't take into considerate any delays and such when sending off for it, but yet it will be my own fault if it doesn't come on time.

8. When did you send off for a passport?

9. I sent the passport application off on June the 20th

10. You didn't consider the delays despite it bein headline news for weeks?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oh dear.

Life lesson for you I think.

12. I don't really watch the news.

13. Got 34 days so hopefully it will be here by then :)

14. To be fair I called the Belfast passport office and they gave me a quote of 8 weeks till I would get my passport. (First and applying from "overseas") Might want to make a phone call in the morning and see if you can get some date out of them.

15. I meant is that I was told 8 weeks back in June when I sent it off.

16. Sinom, when the news 1st broke about the delays in passports being issued, we double checked ours as we were planning a Holiday in August, The Wench and I were OK, but the Boy no longer looked anything like the photo, we sent his off for renewal about the 12th June, received his new one within 5 weeks. Admittedly this was a renewal and not a new application, but it does show that they are getting their act together. I would advise you to contact the passport office for an update, if it is going to be delayed, explain why you need the passport and see if anything can be done to speed the process

• Like Like x 1
  17. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Of course BMBO113 could do the same :tshirt:

Don't know what happened there I quoted Mikhs post

Sinom, when the news 1st broke about the delays in passports being issued, we double checked ours as we were planning a Holiday in August, The Wench and I were OK, but the Boy no longer looked anything like the photo, we sent his off for renewal about the 12th June, received his new one within 5 weeks. Admittedly this was a renewal and not a new application, but it does show that they are getting their act together. I would advise you to contact the passport office for an update, if it is going to be delayed, explain why you need the passport and see if anything can be done to speed the process

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  18. Is it your first adult passport? Or just a renewal?

19. That's not a good sign! You know the Navy can be quite a political environment what with their involvement in the world and all that?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  20. I can honestly say that the news never interested me before I joined up. Don't know why you'd need to know whats going on with regard to world politics when you're scrubbing flats or chipping paint. Or listening to pings or doing outside stokers rounds for that matter.