Passing the time

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Newbie89, Dec 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just secured a two year apprenticeship with the national grid to keep my busy for my wait to become an AET after collage.

Out of interest what are other people doing to kill the time before starting the dream?
  2. Finishing the last 2 years of 22 years of the biggest dream I have every had!!!!! Pity its finishing as a total nightmare :D :D

Edited for gash grammer
  3. I am passing the time in office in Pompey as it was my 23rd Naval Birthday yesterday and am just doing handover notes as start terminal leave on the first Thurs back after xmas leave!

4. I've been making collages.
  5. :lol:
  6. Thats good we need more places of education.
  7. :D :D :D :D
  8. Working. Working. and a bit more working. Also going AET, sat my RT at the end of Feb 2010 so looking at Feb 2013 with the new 3 year wait! Sad times!!
  9. I've taken up a new hobby, Holocaust denial. It's pretty fulfilling and you meet some interesting people.

If anyone else is interested the North London chapter of Holocaust deniers are having an open evening next Thursday night. There will be mulled wine and mince pies to reflect the season. We also have some fun games planned and one of our members will be giving a talk and slide show on his recent visit to Germany.

All are welcome.
  10. North London! That puts you within spitting range of the Watford 'What Killing Fields' Khmer Rouge Association. Their Powerpoint presentations are awe inspiring and a great way to learn a hundred and one uses of a sun-bleached skull.

As for passing time; same old really: sex, no drugs, rock & roll + naughty little far-eastern strumpettes demonstrating their claims of 'good time'. You know how it is 2DD :D

Oh and studying ops manuals, systems etc etc
  11. Me love you long time.

I couldn't believe it when she actually said that, I thought it was just a cliché from 'Nam movies.
  12. Cliche from your Nans movies???
  13. Must be the same girl 2DD. She said something about no hair, small hands, doormouse and Spider Man. She also said you'd know what she means :)

No, AC, his Nan movies. He was watching those Bollywood reruns whilst enjoying a tasty CTM.

Good crayoning skills by the way chaps :blah5:

For the pedants in the audience; yes, I know that's not how you spell naan
  14. Beating one off.
  15. Attempting to manoeuvre round the high levels testosterone in the weights room...
  16. working full time and doing voluntary work with my local youth group.
  17. I've been to AA as well. Good p1ss up.
  18. working full time whilst doing an NVQ in business management.
  19. I be doing skrimshaw to while away the wee small hours.
  20. college, work and cadets