Passing out

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by racingdog, Sep 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. How many guests are you allowed, im trying to solve a pathetic family argument about who is coming! At this point im thinking I would rather they all stay at home!

  2. You can normally bring as many people as you like. One recruit I know of brought 37 people to his passing out parade.
  3. Numbers were limited to 4 per trainee when I passed out in 03, however this was increased to 6 when numbers were finalised and some trainees only bringing a couple of people.
  4. I had 7 at mine in 97

    Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. sgtpepperband

    sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

    Don't bring your Mum/Aunt/Sister, etc. to the Passing Out Ceremony if they are fit, otherwise you'll find that they've been 'escorted' on a VIP tour of the Ship's Company accommodation after Parade... :shock:
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  6. About two years ago it was pretty open ended - obviously limited but dependent on how many others are bringing etc.

    Probably being old-fashioned, and assuming you are already in, but have you thought of asking your instructor?
  7. witsend

    witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

    90 percent of your classmates are hoping your sister comes. The other 10 percent is hoping your dad is fit.

    60 percent of the instructors are hoping to show your mum around. The other 40 percent are just glad to see the back of you.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Wrong thread again, when I saw passing out I thought it was the penis thread and some ****** had had a shuftie at mine.
  9. I had nine in 2001.
  10. wet_blobby

    wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

    Throw the guardroom a case of beer and bring as many as you want.
  11. Hyperventilated and collapsed due to laughing at a black man with no willy?:love4:
  12. Did not know I could invite any one to Ganges when I passed out so did not bother, good job really as I was in sick bay with food poisoning, my instructor had to go get my best shot tankard.
  13. Surely your instructor will have that information. I had 6 adults and my little sister at mine in 2010. One girl had 17 or thereabouts. It also depends how much you're willing to fork out for the scran.
  14. Zoidberg reincarnate? I never had the pleasure the first time round but I've heard a lot!
  15. No. Same account.
  16. You have just spoilt the aspirations of half the ships company
  17. Bet you've been waiting ages to find a chance, no matter how tenuous, to get that one in! :applaud:
  18. Best part of 40 years, but I first had to wait for the tinternet, then this site, then stumble upon this site, some wait, almost as bad as when I was sent to the stores to to see the chief syores chappy to get a long wait? Ask where the empty oil can store was or even fuses for a dead light, my first boss as a junior was a piss taking twat:laughing5::laughing5::salut::salut:
  19. what month did you pass out

    Hi I also passed out in 2001 what month did you pass out? Im desperately trying to get a copy of my passing out parade
  20. Whats this ****ing passing out?. We did colour guard on the Sunday advance 15 paces and present arms;- a kit muster in the drill shed on the Monday loaded up into a three toner and moved half a mile down the road to start part two training.It was three months before I had my first leave.

Share This Page