Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passing Out/Phase 2

scoobywrx

Badgeman
I'm trying to pull travel etc arrangements together for sons passing out at Raleigh.Will he have the weekend free after the passing out on Friday afternoon and when would he need to report for Phase 2 at Sultan (I'm guessing Sultan for ETME ) would it be first thing Monday morning.Not sure if it's worth the long travel back home on the Sat from Torpoint to have to set off again on Sun/Mon.Any help appreciated...

Drakey

War Hero
Why not get him to ask his divisional staff the question and then he will know for definite. When does he pass out?

scoobywrx

Badgeman
Why not get him to ask his divisional staff the question and then he will know for definite. When does he pass out?

I think they have had their phones taken from them because a recruit in another class was caught using it where/when he shouldn't.Passing out 24th Feb all being well.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
It maybe wiser to defer travel arrangements until he has progressed further through training, after leave.

Lots can happen between now and February.

Edited for duff spelling, innit.

Last edited:

scoobywrx

Badgeman
Won't he phone you from one of the public phones in RALEIGH? Mind you, do the 'yoof of today' know how to use them???

I'm sure that if you get concerned you could call his Divisional Staff, they would be happy to answer your queries

Yes,I'm sure all will get a bit clearer soon enough,I don't want to appear one of these neurotic parents ringing up for trivial matters.I didn't know they had public phones.Thanks.

Ryan79

Midshipman
I'm trying to pull travel etc arrangements together for sons passing out at Raleigh.Will he have the weekend free after the passing out on Friday afternoon and when would he need to report for Phase 2 at Sultan (I'm guessing Sultan for ETME ) would it be first thing Monday morning.Not sure if it's worth the long travel back home on the Sat from Torpoint to have to set off again on Sun/Mon.Any help appreciated...

Hello, i passed out of Raleigh and started Sultan in July. We had weekend leave and had to be at Sultan at 12:00 on the monday.
HMS Raleigh provided a coach for us on the monday morning, but i think this was because there was 40 of us going to Collingwood/Sultan. I don't know if they provide transport everytime. If we put our names down for the coach, then we had to be back at Raleigh at 21:00 on the sunday.
All this travel stuff was arranged in the last couple weeks of phase 1.
Hope this helps:geek:

scoobywrx

Badgeman
Hello, i passed out of Raleigh and started Sultan in July. We had weekend leave and had to be at Sultan at 12:00 on the monday.
HMS Raleigh provided a coach for us on the monday morning, but i think this was because there was 40 of us going to Collingwood/Sultan. I don't know if they provide transport everytime. If we put our names down for the coach, then we had to be back at Raleigh at 21:00 on the sunday.
All this travel stuff was arranged in the last couple weeks of phase 1.
Hope this helps:geek:

Thanks for that.We'll wait a while to find out the score nearer the time.Suppose as Ninja-Stoker said lots could happen between now and Feb.

Last edited:
Thanks for that.We'll wait a while to find out the score nearer the time.Suppose as Ninja-Stocker said lots could happen between now and Feb.

"Ninja Stocker" - I like that. Puts me in mind of a Jack Dusty in charge of the Martial Arts Store. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Phase 2 passing out HMS Sultan. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
S Sultan Phase 2 Passing Out Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Parole Board statement on passing of Helen's Law MoD News 0
C Chances of passing my medical?: previous mental health Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
D Want to join, but worried about a prescription and passing medical? Joining the Royal Navy 1
MoD_RSS News story: Alert for charities operating in Syria or Turkey about aid passing through the Bab Al-Hawa crossing MoD News 0
T Passing Out Parade Video Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 10
K Will debt stop me from passing the security clearance? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Repulse Passing out in 1911 History 1
A Are the group photos when passing out of Raleigh, mandatory? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 83
B HMS Raleigh summer break and passing out dates Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
S How to attending boyfriends passing out ceremony Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
T Passing out parades Blogs 5
H Any idea for PRNC dates after passing fitness test? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
PedlarP Passing of CPO1 Shane Irvine Submariners 0
L BRNC Passing out Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
D passing out parade Nearest & Dearest 5
H Ready to start training on 3rd Oct 2015 after passing all medicals fitness etc but had a call 3 week Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
J Passing out parades. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
R RFA Passing-out parade??? RFA 25
G Passing out parade Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
A Questions Passing out dates Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Chegz my boys passing out parade.... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 62
soleil Herald: "Dentist Takes Charge Of Passing Out Parade" Bases / Shore Est 0
C Passing PRMC/POC, and not being offered a place. The Corps 0
X Raleigh passing out parade Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Rumrat Where have all the milkmen gone (long time passing) Diamond Lil's 35
MoD_RSS Princess Royal attends naval cadets' passing out parade MoD News 1
R Passing out Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 50
S Would this stop me from passing the medical? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Rumrat Just passing through Diamond Lil's 23
S Raleigh Passing Out Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
soleil Zoidberg: Success In His QX And Passing Out Shortly The Fleet Air Arm 34
N Passing the time Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 45
Patrick HMS Raleigh Passing Out Parade The Quarterdeck 22
soleil Radio 4 Today Programme: "The Passing Of The RN Tot" History 3
LeTache88 The Day After Passing Out Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
jesse The passing of Lionel Jefferes Burma Star Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 0
B estimated time from passing PJFT and interview for AET? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
G Raleigh/passing out parade ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
D Passing Out Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
B Passing Out Parade Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
R Passing Out. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 35
S Any1 goin to Passing out @ Raleigh on the 2nd? Social & Reunions 72
scouse New Build Ships Passing FOST/ORI?? The Fleet 1
N Passing out query Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
M Passing out parade Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 38
M Passing Out Parade HMS Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
G Passing Out June 2009 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
L passing out parades Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5