Passing Out/Phase 2

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by scoobywrx, Dec 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm trying to pull travel etc arrangements together for sons passing out at Raleigh.Will he have the weekend free after the passing out on Friday afternoon and when would he need to report for Phase 2 at Sultan (I'm guessing Sultan for ETME ) would it be first thing Monday morning.Not sure if it's worth the long travel back home on the Sat from Torpoint to have to set off again on Sun/Mon.Any help appreciated...

2. Why not get him to ask his divisional staff the question and then he will know for definite. When does he pass out?

3. I think they have had their phones taken from them because a recruit in another class was caught using it where/when he shouldn't.Passing out 24th Feb all being well.

4. He will have the weekend off after passing out.

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It maybe wiser to defer travel arrangements until he has progressed further through training, after leave.

Lots can happen between now and February.

Edited for duff spelling, innit.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  6. Point taken,I'll hang fire a while.

7. Yes,I'm sure all will get a bit clearer soon enough,I don't want to appear one of these neurotic parents ringing up for trivial matters.I didn't know they had public phones.Thanks.

8. Like you appear to be on here then!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hello, i passed out of Raleigh and started Sultan in July. We had weekend leave and had to be at Sultan at 12:00 on the monday.
    HMS Raleigh provided a coach for us on the monday morning, but i think this was because there was 40 of us going to Collingwood/Sultan. I don't know if they provide transport everytime. If we put our names down for the coach, then we had to be back at Raleigh at 21:00 on the sunday.
    All this travel stuff was arranged in the last couple weeks of phase 1.
    Hope this helps:geek:

10. Thanks for that.We'll wait a while to find out the score nearer the time.Suppose as Ninja-Stoker said lots could happen between now and Feb.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011

11. "Ninja Stocker" - I like that. Puts me in mind of a Jack Dusty in charge of the Martial Arts Store. :)