passing out parades

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by laserparty, Jan 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi all
    my son is at hm hms raleigh , and we have just received a family pack from his commanding officer, saying that is passing out parade will be on a thursday, but on next page it says friday , so does any one know what day they are normally held :?: , as i dont really want to phone raleigh and ask unless i have to, also how many family members are usually allowed on day
    cheers :lol:
  2. I'm not aware of any being held on a Thursday and would be very surprised to be honest - sounds like a misprint. I'm sending you a PM.
  3. There has been a data input error at HMS Raleigh which went unnoticed until it was too late. All trainees from the passing out class(es) concerned have been told to inform their NOK. The passing out days are always on a Friday.

Numbers of guests are dependant on the number of people passing out divided into the amount of guests allowed on camp for safety/security reasons. It is generally 4 but it has been known to be as many as 10. Speak to your son who will be told how many they can have when they get a little closer to the passing out date. I hope this helps, and enjoy your visit to Cornwall.

4. Is it not a Passing In Parade? :)

I hope to bring five or six to mine!

Need bed now as whiskey has taken effect...
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

[​IMG] Hmmn, data input error eh? I'll have to remember that phrase next time ....
  6. It was briefly B2B. A 'good idea' from a recent Commodore which didn't last long.