Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thanks to any one who takes the time to read this. My son starts his ten week induction training at HMS Raleigh on the 9 of June 2014. We are trying to find out the date of his passing out parade. He breaks up at the beginning of August and then goes back to complete training. I'm a prison officer on fixed leave and will need to apply for special leave to be able to attend. I've spoken to our local careers office but they have told us he won't find out until later into his training by which time I won't be able to get leave. Can anyone help. Much appreciated.

2. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Friday September 12th

Just the thoughts of a blonde, ex wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  3. I believe this depends on a number of things:

If he goes back after leave

If he goes through training without failing anything

He doesn't get injured

He doesn't get back classed

Can you just throw a sicky nearer the time?

Sorry but it's the way the senior service works, if you want things on time try the Army if you want thing scheduled on time but always two days late try the Crabs

Sent from my iPhone, cos the wife is using MY iPad :(

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Must admit I'm surprised the Prison Service only grant leave on fixed dates and require more than ten weeks notice for a couple of days off.

Whilst you can calculate a fairly accurate best guess, the service is extremely cautious issuing firm dates this far ahead due to the risk of unforeseen delays.

Hopefully he'll pass out the tenth Friday of Initial Naval Training, the majority do, but definitely not all. Good luck to him.

5. The entry on the 9th June pass out on the 12th Sep as EXJ has said. Raleigh closes for 4 weeks summer leave, hence it is 14 weeks after he joins up

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

6. Thanks everyone for all your help. I can understand the Navy not wanting to plan too far ahead and the fact that he may not even pass out. If it's the tenth Friday for every intake + holiday shut down you wouldn't of thought it would be too much of an issue giving dates. When I was in the Army we used to issue dates at time of acceptance and joining instructions. Can't ever remember a parade not taking place any way thanks for all your help. I'm looking forward to going back to HMS Raleigh. I bets it's changed a lot since the eighties. Thanks again.

7. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Bloody AFCOs. It's the old gits they put in them that cause these problems...

• Like Like x 1
  8. If it's an open prison do what the inmates do..............................go out the gates and come back when you want:happycry: