Passing out parade

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by MRSNICOL, Feb 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do the navy pay for travel for the family to go to passing out parade? :?:

in out in out shake it all about!!!

2. Re: Passing in parade

No, not that I'm aware of.

It's now called a 'passing-out' parade..hope you enjoy it anyway. Better get saving up the pennies.

3. Re: Passing in parade

Only if you are a Scouser

4. Re: Passing in parade

Try the dole office..

5. Re: Passing in parade

I was told on my RNAC that they do pay something towards it!

6. Re: Passing in parade

Or was that for accommodation?

7. Re: Passing in parade

Definately not.

About 40-50 trainees pass out of HMS Raleigh 43 weeks of the year. With an excess of 300 people attending the parade each week, do the maths.
    :toothy7:

8. Re: Passing in parade

Do they have a passing 'IN' parade now? :wink:

I fought they just 'passed out'!!!

Sorry me-dear just aving a larf. :lol: :lol:

9. Re: Passing in parade

It did actually become 'passing-in' a few years ago Waspie. The good ideas club came up with it, but it only lasted for the duration of one Commodore before a return to tradition.

10. Re: Passing in parade

Good old tradition. Where would we be without it. :? :wink:

11. Re: Passing in parade

Still passing out as far as i'm Fxxxxxxxxg concerned ...

12. Re: Passing in parade

It's still passing out as far as everyone's Fxxxxxxxxg concerned. Passing-in was a temporary aberration.

I did try to explain.

13. Re: Passing in parade

I understood.

Well I think I did.

Now I'm just not sure.

Sod it I'll sit on the fence, cos I really don't care. :wink:

14. Re: Passing in parade

Well, my avatar is my passing in or out parade. In fact quite a few people passed out because it was the hottest summer for years..
    Do you pass out of training, or pass in to the rest of your naval life?

15. Re: Passing in parade

That, so I understand, was exactly the rationale behind the temporary change sussex. I believe the then Commodore decided that it was the latter, but soon after he left tradition won the day.

Personally I'm all for the old (and current) passing-out.

16. Re: Passing in parade

This old crap again, when you joined the Navy was when you signed on, you were then IN the Navy, when you completed your training then you passed OUT of training, you cannot pass In `cos you had already signed on. The Brainless Moron that decided it was passing IN was simply that, A brainless Moron.

17. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Re: Passing in parade

Hig: It occurs to me that you do not approve how much "your Navy" [sic] has changed since you left the Service, and your subsequent comments about the standards of potential recruits seems to make your blood boil.

If you hate the topic so much, why do you continue to comment on such threads? Why not ignore them and contribute to matters which you would no doubt know more about? I am sure you will then learn to enjoy life much more, and also people won't think of you as a sad, bitter and cantankeous old ******...

18. Re: Passing in parade

SPB - next time could you please issue a warning before venting? I've spat my tea all over the keyboard/screen etc!! Big LOL!! :lol:

19. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Re: Passing in parade

For the sake of the sensibilities of the homophobes on here, can I ask that you refrain from posting pictures of your Coming Out Parade, please? Thanks... :thumright: :lol:

20. Re: Passing in parade

You leave my mate Hig alone. We all know he's a misery-guts who skipped the wet-behind-the-ears stages of training and advanced straight to mess-know-it-all but he provides a morale-boosting service to Newbies by demonstrating how much the Navy has moved on since his days of 'two-and-a-half-year foreign commisions on hard tack and water with three of us sharing the same hammock... but we were grateful'.