Passing Out Parade HMS Raleigh

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by morgs, Feb 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi can anyone tell me the normal start & finish times of proceedings on the day. As a parent I'm trying to book flights back home for the evening however depending on times I may have to stay an extra night. (Friday)

Any help appreciated.
  2. Here are the details taken off the Raleigh website FAQ:-

Question: What is the earliest time that I can arrive at HMS Raleigh?
    Answer: The main gate will be open to receive guests of recruits 'Passing Out' at 1130.

Question: What time does the parade finish?
    Answer: The parade generally finishes at approximately 3pm. Following the reception in the Raleigh club, recruits will be free to proceed on weekend leave, approximately 4.30pm.

Hope this helps

3. Thanks for the prompt reply. Someone told me that they had changed the times to earlier in the day. But they didn't have the exact details.

I was hoping to catch a train to Exeter and be on time for a 17:15 flight home. Looks like I'll have to stay another night.
  4. Passing out parades are earlier on the last day of term. Therefore if your offspring is passing out on the 3rd April the parade will start at 1100 so you will finish earlier.
  5. Thats great news, he is passing out 3rd April so I should be able to make the flight home.

Flying down on Thurs and staying in Plymouth. Looking forward to it, never been that far down the country before.

Thanks for your post.
  6. Morgs, remember to take some warm clothing, you'll be out side for a while and if the winds blowing it is quite exposed overlooking the parade ground.

(I witnessed my sons passing out o few years ago).

If you want to take your own photos get close to the front in the seating. Although a video of the event will be taken by a professional photographer.
  7. Cheers for that Waspie. To be honest I never gave the warm clothing a thought, I will now though. I'll be taking photos and will probably buy the official dvd.