passed selection interview ET-WE 4-12-12

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by OMM, Dec 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OMM

OMM War Hero

As the title suggests today I passed my selection interview for weapons engineering branch. There was a lot more job specific knowledge involved rather than naval. My previous qualifications and knowledge on the subject luckily pulled me through and we got quite advanced on the different type of signals, sonar, radar and radio etc.

Just awaiting SC to be squared away now then bring on PRNC and the start of my new career! :D

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Good effort & best of luck.

In the finest traditions of the world of Weaponeering, it's good to see a future ET(WE) pave the way & demonstrate to those already serving that it is possible to be awake at this time of day.

Well done. :thumbleft:

3. Well done

And only awake on M&M's

4. Stop eating M&M's if they're keeping you awake.

5. Just saw this post,had my interview today for weapon engineering and glad fully passed,sc then just waiting for a spot and of course the prnc so happy days!!how long did your security checks take?did you get confirmation they were complete etc?

• Like Like x 1
  6. OMM

OMM War Hero

Alright mate,

My SC is still in progress (submitted on the 8th jan) and I received a phone call a few days ago confirming me for entry on the 10th November. Still waiting for PRNC confirmation and SC to be completed.

Well done mate.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

7. Well done!

I passed my selection interview for a WE on 9/1/2013 and completed my SC the week after. Not heard from my AFCO yet.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

8. Well done. Passed my selection interview for ET/WE on the 3/12/12 and SC has cleared so just waiting for a phone call now!

9. Really,brilliant,seems to be a few for weapons,if you have November might be the same for the rest (depending how they do intakes),passed the interview 24/01/13 so hopefully get the form through n get it off soon as possible,keep the updates coming lads,could be working/training together before to long,best of luck

10. OMM

OMM War Hero

Good few of us then.

Received all the paperwork confirming my dates provisionally today.

Nov 10th

11. There seems to be a few. Which is your AFCO and when did you start your application?

12. OMM

OMM War Hero

Lincoln AFCO and I sat the recruiting test in January 2012.

13. Congrats to all

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bristol AFCO and sat my recruitment test in July '12

15. My AFCO is Preston and I passed my recruitment test on 24th September.

16. OMM

OMM War Hero

Think you just have to wait until your name gets to the top of the list.

If I sat it in Jan 12 then I waited 12 months from the test for a date, so expect the same.

17. That's what I was thinking. My AFCO said I should expect a start date of around September this year as they have a waiting time of 12 months. Must be an out of date waiting time or something.

18. OMM

OMM War Hero

I was told from my interview it would be 12 months before starting and it's 10 months.

Total application period from Recruiting test to entry for me is 22 months

19. I'm Glasgow AFCO,passed the RT in September also,my office were saying its 12-18 months waiting list from the day you pass RT so guess that will be down to 8-14 months left then,still not had the forms through to fill out for security checks,hopefully come tomorrow!!

20. I got sent mine in an email and it was all online. I was also told its from the day you pass the RT