Passed my PJFT....off to Raleigh 25th November!

Hello all,

Well I finally passed my pjft yesturday (2nd attempt after a knee injury) and I've got an entry date straight away for 25th November!

I decided on boats months ago and I'm off to do a 2 day acquaint at the end of this month which I can't wait for.

Boats for one reason or another had never even crossed my mind, until after a discussion with an ex-submariner and having researched my chosen career path greatly, I am 100% confident that I've made the right choice and can't wait to get cracking with the training!

Anyhoo, enough of my waffling, just thought I'd let everyone know.

Gollum :thumright:

Great news!

Good luck in your career! I shall be at Raleigh two weeks before you also becoming a submariner! so I shall no doubt see you along the way!

Thanks guys,

No doubt we'll run into each other at some stage Will.

Ninja, I've been told the submarine acquaint is 2 days and to book the 23rd and 24th of this month off. Could this be a cock up?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Gollum, just ring the AFCO to check mate as if it's the RNAC then it's 4 days, however there are other acquaint visits of shorter duration.

Thanks Ninja,

I've confirmed it's a two day acquaint, I guess the length of the acquaint depends on your chosen branch, thanks for the heads up though.

All the best guys and thanks for your support

Gollum

busterbroon

Lantern Swinger
i did part 3 training as a Submariner at Mercury and prior to joining part 4 at Dolphin I managed to get s ships visit to the boat i was joining

It was awful - HMS Opposum had just returned from the gulf and it was manky

spoke to my DO and went back to being a 'SKIMMER'

Good days