Passed my PJFT....off to Raleigh 25th November!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Gollum, Oct 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

Well I finally passed my pjft yesturday (2nd attempt after a knee injury) and I've got an entry date straight away for 25th November!

I decided on boats months ago and I'm off to do a 2 day acquaint at the end of this month which I can't wait for.

Boats for one reason or another had never even crossed my mind, until after a discussion with an ex-submariner and having researched my chosen career path greatly, I am 100% confident that I've made the right choice and can't wait to get cracking with the training!

Anyhoo, enough of my waffling, just thought I'd let everyone know.

Gollum :thumright:

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Well Done Gollum!

Good luck to you mate.

By the way, in case you're booking time off work, the RN Acquaint Course is Four days mate, not two:

RNAC

RNAC Careers Publication

Hope you enjoy it, most people do.

3. Great news!

Good luck in your career! I shall be at Raleigh two weeks before you also becoming a submariner! so I shall no doubt see you along the way!

4. Thanks guys,

No doubt we'll run into each other at some stage Will.

Ninja, I've been told the submarine acquaint is 2 days and to book the 23rd and 24th of this month off. Could this be a cock up?

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Gollum, just ring the AFCO to check mate as if it's the RNAC then it's 4 days, however there are other acquaint visits of shorter duration.

6. Thanks Ninja,

I've confirmed it's a two day acquaint, I guess the length of the acquaint depends on your chosen branch, thanks for the heads up though.

All the best guys and thanks for your support

Gollum

7. i did part 3 training as a Submariner at Mercury and prior to joining part 4 at Dolphin I managed to get s ships visit to the boat i was joining

It was awful - HMS Opposum had just returned from the gulf and it was manky

spoke to my DO and went back to being a 'SKIMMER'

Good days