Passed my FATs

GPZ_pilot

Lantern Swinger
#1
Hi all, I just passed my FATs in all three areas on Tuesday. :D Im quite happy about that.

Ive now just gotta work on my fitness and weight issues for AIB, lol, this will be fun.

Only snag is that I've twisted my ankle twice yesterday and came of my motorbike - a hole in my plam is what I have to show for it, along with a damaged bike. Not impressed.


Anybody got any advice on what ecersise I can practice with a sore ankle and painful hand? - Other than swimming.

thanks.

Kim
 
#2
Anybody got any advice on what ecersise I can practice with a sore ankle and painful hand? - Other than swimming.
Just do light stretches! Don't aggravate the wounds! Personally I always seem to leave out sit ups when I go to the gym mostly because I don't enjoy them. However if I was in the same position as you're in I'd use this opportunity to exercise my mid-section.
 
#4
Forgot to add mate, congratulations! Wish I had what it takes to be a pilot. Instead I'll be stuck to fixing your planes, which isn't too bad.
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#5
Swimming is an excellent non- impact cardio-vascular workout, exercising & supporting many muscle groups.

(The only further injury you could anticipate is drowning).
 

GPZ_pilot

Lantern Swinger
#6
Thanks, much appreciated. I plan to fly merlins, so there should be ALOT of work for you :D lol

The reason I mentioned swimming is that its the only sport/activity that I could think of at the time, and at the moment, I dont have my wallet or any money (its at my dads house, a good 13 miles away, along with my bycicle and remains of my motor bike.)

Thanks though, all ideas are welcome.
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#7
GPZ_pilot said:
I dont have my wallet or any money (its at my dads house, a good 13 miles away, )
Thanks though, all ideas are welcome.
If you've not broken your index finger, you could always give Dad a ring & ask him to post your wallet.
 
#8
Ninja_Stoker said:
GPZ_pilot said:
I dont have my wallet or any money (its at my dads house, a good 13 miles away, )
Thanks though, all ideas are welcome.
If you've not broken your index finger, you could always give Dad a ring & ask him to post your wallet.
Or dare I say... walk it!
 

GPZ_pilot

Lantern Swinger
#9
lol, I suppose, or I cud get a lift down there this evening, and pick up my bike and wallet and do everything from my mums house. All is sorted
 
#11
GPZ_pilot said:
Hi all, I just passed my FATs in all three areas on Tuesday. :D Im quite happy about that.

Ive now just gotta work on my fitness and weight issues for AIB, lol, this will be fun.

Only snag is that I've twisted my ankle twice yesterday and came of my motorbike - a hole in my plam is what I have to show for it, along with a damaged bike. Not impressed.


Anybody got any advice on what ecersise I can practice with a sore ankle and painful hand? - Other than swimming.

thanks.

Kim
I take it FAT's do not include written english?
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#12
fleetchief said:
I take it FAT's do not include written english?
I would've thought they must do.

How else could you write in your flying log book:

"No sign of the enemeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...."

As you eject?
 

GPZ_pilot

Lantern Swinger
#16
Nope, I did not have to write any English, but I did have to read a lot of it though.

Becides, I'm well aware my spelling needs working on, thankfully my boss is an English teacher, so she can give me a helping hand.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top