Passed my AIB! But...

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by hazsa, Jan 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. it was not a great pass. Reading between the lines, it must have been close to 180.

Do I have any chance of making the May/November intakes for Warfare if this is the case?

Or should I just focus on getting a better pass next year? My Board President was confident that I would definitely crack it next year.

Will I have to go through SIFT again + all the medicals etc?
  2. Do they not take Warfare Officers in September as well as November?
  3. I'm pretty sure the Board President said September was predominantly for engineers.

Warfare candidates only have May/November to aim for this year.
  4. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

I'm sure Supermario, Talking Baggage, Ninja_Stoker or one of the other patient, excellent, and long-suffering moderators will be along to give you some advice soon Hasza :)

Best of luck next time around. You'll ace it!
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You will have been told by AIB whether you are likely to meet selection & probable entry dates. If the board president said they were confident you would crack it next year, then that would perhaps suggest you haven't this year.

Your ACLO will give you an AIB debrief- give him/her a ring to ask.

You need only repeat any time-expired elements of selection.

Good luck.
  6. Christ, I hope this is BS
    Got to listen to sh*t Engineering chat for 10 months? Was quite looking forward to the break from it after 3 years of it at uni and before HMS Sultan.
    Also a higher than 2% female presence would have been nice.
  7. Glad to see you're focusing on the important things in your putative career.
  8. What else would one focus on?
    Turn up fit, get issued kit, do as told for 30 weeks, pass out.
    I find circuits more bearable with a pleasant view s'all
  9. I look forward to welcoming you to the Fleet as an AMEO. It's only 12 months, and there's not a lot to do.
  10. With an 85% pass rate and knowing a fare few mongs who have passed out (as I'm sure you do), it certainly seems doable
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  11. I expect to struggle a hell of a lot more at Sultan than BRNC tbh.
    How they get through all they have to get through in 10 months is quite daunting

12. You'l fit right in, trust me!! Evening lads.......
  13. Two things-

1. Sexist? How does that work? What would it be if I was gay and liked looking at males? I believe chauvinistic would be more accurate. I do apologize though if anyone was genuinely offended (which would surpirse me given the forum)
    2. How exactly is describing IOT as "doable" arrogant?
  14. No you see you havent answered, you've merely reposted my posts, which was unnecessary as I was aware of their content (having posted them).
    I'm assuming you've completed IOT and are (rightly) proud, but let's not pretend it's a commando course, because if it was I'd fail miserably
  15. They are going to love you down at Dartmouth. Enjoy being brought back down to earth.
  16. In fact, as it's so 'doable', post your real name; it'll make no difference whatsoever. Like you say, it's not Commando Course.....
  17. Yeah, cos I'm stupid enough to go up to a member of the PT team and tell them their course is pish on day one. Doh!
    I've not belittled anyones achievment, why are you all getting so upset.
    I know 95% of what's coming and know (injury allowing) I'll probably pass.
    Many have passed before me and many will after.
  18. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

you blinkered twat
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Besides poor PERSEC, you could be my current/future boss and I ain't THAT stupid.
  20. There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance isn't there??