passed fitness what next

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by cornwall_jake, Oct 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello i have just passed my fitness test and all other tests are done!! looking forward to starting now! they sed wen i first passed my exam things that there was 7 month waiting list! how long does it take to here from them? with a start date? will i have any more tests exam or anything todo i am going in as a aet?
  2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

You'll have a spelling test, which looks like you'll fail.
  3. I suggest you use this time to brush up on your grammar and spelling shipmate. As an AET you will have to be able to read complex engineering manuals and complete task books.

I'm not having a dig, I am genuinely giving you some advice. Having gash English skills will seriously hold you back in your chosen career.
  4. its because i am writing quickly i have good grammer y do most people on here spend there time commenting on spelling i aint a idiot i dint realise i was chatting to world of english tutors but thenks for advice was def relevant to the question
  5. witsend

a fink u r e mong.
  6. But it's alright, 'cause he's typing quickly. :lol:
  7. witsend

Its "kewl". FFS, I'm correcting you in your own mong talk.
  8. It takes me more effort to spell words incorrectly.
  9. witsend

10. c_j

Your Security Clearance should be in processing at the moment and your Careers Advisor will shortly "bid" for a place at HMS Raleigh for you.

You are likely to start Basic Training some time in the early spring, possibly in April. Confirmation of this should come around Christmas/New Year.
  11. I have got my PJFT at eleven in the morning and I'm feeling a bit nervous about it. I have never run on a treadmill before and wondered if its much different to running on the roads?
    Will it be set up for me at the speed I need?
  12. For me, the instructor set it at the minimum speed required to pass. I suggest you calculate the speed you usually do it in on the road because it will be easier on the treadmill. They usually operate in km/h and can be set to the nearest 0.1 km/h
  13. I've got my PJFT on Tuesday. I'm really nervous. I know I'll pass but I want to impress my CA by getting a good time. I know you don't get "extra points" for posting fast times, but I want to give this 1.5 mile run all my effort.
  14. yes the fitness instructor set it at the minimum u need to pass it was easy, ul b find its easier on ur legs on the treadmill yea i was told they are bidding for me!! cant wait for my training now
  15. Your right about the minimum speed to pass. My instructor did the same thing and told me there was no need to go any faster and not to change any of the controls.
    Hence to say I had no problem and passed my PJFT this morning. :D

Just have to play the waiting game now and wait for my entry.