Pass out question

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by cash, Feb 18, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if this has already been asked but moncrieff7 raise a question i too have been thinking about, i believe it deserves its own thread .

How many people can you take to your pass out parade ?

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

• Like Like x 1
  2. In my day it used to be 26. That is, a Class leader, his deputy, a guard of 24, and their PO instructor.:thumbup:

2BM

• Like Like x 3
  3. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I took loads, even nicked some of the VIP seats. Just tell your olds to get there early and to nab the seats in the middle nearest the dais.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

There is a finite number of seats so the usual drill (Drill - geddit?) is to inititially limit numbers of guests so that everyone gets a fair share allocated. Once the predicted number of guests attending are known, additional seats can be allocated. The majority take around three or four, which usually leaves scope for those wanting up to a dozen guests for those individuals with heaps of fans. The tip is not to invite all your Facebook 'friends', just stick to immediate family, partner & maybe a genuine mate.

5. There is no limit to the amount of guests that you can have at your passing out.

6. With the new routine, there is a limit as the presentation is within Roebuck theatre. Obviously the size of your class matters but there are not normally problems.

7. Roebuck is a large theatre, comparable to a large cinema, so there's plenty of room.

8. Health & Safety still has a limit. Roughly 500 I believe.

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

At the end of the day, I've yet to hear of anyone turned away.

• Like Like x 1
  10. This is hilarious! Pissing my self here!

I would like like to add that the number of persons you can bring is indirectly proportional to their mass and BMI. This is because the MOD have recently acquired new seating arrangements which, to save money, are smaller than the old ones.

Please ignore me, I'm just having a break from decorating the hallway, stairs and landing.

11. You can't take any.

You're already there y'see?

• Like Like x 2
  12. OMM

OMM War Hero

As many as you want. If you're not sure then ask your PO in the build up to it....

End of thread.

13. Oh no it isn't :thebirdman:

• Like Like x 1
  14. So...we can have as many people as we want (space permitting)? Or is there a set number- no one has quite clarified this yet.

15. OMM

OMM War Hero

Obviously if everyone wants to bring a lot of people then they will limit it. One lad on mine brought 18 guests without a problem. You go through a process in week 9 and 10 where you log all those attending and you can have all your questions answered at that point.

16. Ohhhhh omm!

• Like Like x 1
  17. exJenny

The most has been about 30 I think. Some recruits will invite only a couple of friends, family whilst others would invite up to 20.

If you took the piss with 50+ then maybe your DI would get you to have a rethink.

It is not often you get a full entry passing out as one after 10 weeks. Even with back classing, approximately 60 recruits is the most that will pass out in one go and if they all invited 8 guests each there'd still be seats left over. Those that only invite a couple of guests free up the seats for those with loads.

I think there was one class last year that passed out with only 12 recruits.

I'm not angry, I'm just happiness challenged.

18. A navy class passed out with only 12?? How many did it start with, 15? You sure your not confused with CTC (i know your not)

Amazed.

19. OMM

OMM War Hero

We were informed at Raleigh that the minimum for a pass out class is 17. Maybe it's a new thing.

20. exJenny

What do they do? Ensure all the dross is thinned out and draft in extras to fill the gaps just for the POP?

I'm not angry, I'm just happiness challenged.