Parky has a pop at Goody

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by rod-gearing, Apr 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Jade who..? :? :roll:

Never professed to being a fan of her either, but why didn't he make those comments when she was still around to respond? :oops:

2. I am inclined to agree. I think he summed it up very well.

3. BZ Parky! :thumbright:

4. It would have been inappropriate to make the statement during her last few months (may have led to ore sympathy for her and therefore more cash). I agree with his comments 100% and was pissed off with seeing her in the newspapers and television news broadcasts all the time.
    Lets face it she did feck all for cancer apart from tell everyone that she was dying from the disease. This shocked all the chav mingers into going for a quick fanny examination. How much did she donate from the profits of her Minge Cancer UK campaign? :twisted:

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Slim: I'm not disagreeing with the sentiment of his comments, but as a seasoned Journalist, I believe he should've exercised some professional integrity and challenged her - or her people - in life, rather than adding fuel to the post-death metaphoric fire.

6. I don't think he was so much challenging her as those who elevated her to the 'celebrity' staus, and in that I would agree with him entirely. The whole cult of celebrity that pervades our media these days is at best distasteful, and at worst down right revolting.

On the other hand Jade exploited her celebrity, and consideing her background on that I say well done to her. She capitalised on the one asset she had and at least died in her standards a success, and knowing she had done her best to provide for her kids future.

How much has she donated to cancer charities, I don't know and don't really want to know, that is as far as I am concerned between her and the charities concerned. What ever else she achieved something very few have done before, she got almost every woman in the UK thinking about cervical cancer and that in itself is not a bad thing.

7. I don't think she did do that.

1. She ignored doctors when she first got diagnosed.
    2. The media made everyone aware of Jade's Illness, the media highlighted cervical cancer. Which in turn the Media raised awareness of Cervical Cancer with a minor celeb as it's figure head.

I've not seen any bit of evidence that Jade herself did any work to raise cancer awareness.

8. So letting the media see her die did nothing to raise public awareness. All in all by showing what happens when you pretent it doesn't affect you she did more than you suggest.

PS have you been checked for prostate cancer?

9. Maxi
    The only reason Jade let the media witness her death throes was to increase the pot of money. cancer awareness had feck all to do with it.

10. I have to agree with him even though he is a twat also

11. Actually Maxi I've recently had all my check ups, I regular also check for testicular cancer as well as breast cancer!

This wasn't brought on by the awareness supposedly Jade has made.

Letting the media show Jade die and show her funeral had as Slim stated nothing to do with her trying to raise awareness. The media raised the awareness by offering her lots of money to show it. She took the money because "she wanted to provide better lives for the kids" not " I want to make sure everyone is aware what cancer does"

I'm sorry I do not agree she herself raised awareness, the media deserves a round of applause for getting more women to get their holes checked out.

12. Who sang that song "living in a box"?I only ask as every time thats slappers name is mentioned,it starts playing in my head!

13. Andy

Think you'll find mate the song living in a box was by living in a box

Reached the dizzy heights of #5 in 1987

14. BZ Parky

Besides lining his pockets with life insurance ads and promoting OZ monthly visits[did the OZ tourist board drop him a few dollars?]at last somebody has painted the big picture.

A comment on the box stated she is now on the same level as Princess Diane. Yep! Uk.Co is well and truly FUBAR when a foul mouthed trollop becomes a icon.

15. The whole point of Parky's bit was that in reality the media made the Jade monster, she just went along for the ride, and I suspect most with her background would have done the same. To me she was neither attractive or interesting and really I didn't see why every one made such a fuss over her but they did and she said if that's the way you want it I'll play as long as I get my dosh. Quite sensible from her point of view I reckon.

Yes I am sure she milked the system right to the end, so what, at least my tax pounds didn't pay for her and hopefully will not pay for her offspring. If all these people want to buy glossy mags with pictures of her let them, it's no skin of my nose.

I really do not see what all the fusss about her was really about if you ignored her in the end she went away.

16. I check myself for prostate cancer everyday, usually when I'm ripping the fcuking head off it!!! I generally use vegetables that resemble a phallus to do it.....it's truly wonderful!

17. PS: I know the stinking old trout faced pig is dead but she's still a cnut!! I hope St Peter said, " Oi you scabby minged fcukpig! Fcuk off downstairs with the rest of the diseased old mingers, you rotten old cnut!"

18. agree wi parky im glad hes a sir he deserves it

19. Isn't that what yer man Tweed said?

Seriously, you made some good points there. Who was the bigger c**t; her or the worshiping masses?

It's probably a no score draw.