Parking at Sultan

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by andy198712, Jan 25, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bit of an odd question!

after your 10 weeks at Plymouth, in your 6months at Sultan (AET) what do/can you do about visiting the kids ect on the odd weekend you may get off later on?

is it simply i have to catch the train again down to cornwall and back?

i'm asking as if i can park my motorbike up there on base somewhere it would make things alot easier! and cheaper!

Cheers

Andy

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

3. lol cheers for the quick reply guys.

i asked as i thought they prefered you to take the train, heck they pay for your ticket there so, and i can see how it wouldnt work if everyone took their cars in, but i thought if i tucked the bike out the way somewhere it would get the nod...

i got my PRNC on monday so can ask about a bit then

Cheers

4. Can you get CTM for your bike or have they throw the towel in on Convert to Milage, or am I talking B*llox

5. Even if you're not he's hardly going to have a clue what you're on about is he?

6. When you get to sultan turn left onto the tech site and park up the mgs won't even notice as they are mostly asleep

7. As a serious answer, in Phase 2 you can have your bike/car at Sultan but you will park a long way from your accommodation.

8. The A38 at night on a bike is fraught with danger. On a Friday, it is probable that you will be on this road during the dark hours....be careful. I sometimes found it beneficial to set off very early in the morning so by the time I got to the M5, the sun was just up...happy days.

9. hey up Guzzler he has a tongue in his head he can ask, well he can now I've mentioned it, hoping that one of you would be able to say still valid or no

10. Travel claims are just about non-existent nowadays.

11. Good call, but the sun was just up??????

12. Yes - it happens most mornings, even in the West Country. When i said I set off early in the morning, I meant early early.

13. That's early

14. When i was there bikers were able to park on accommodation side.

15. cheers bud,
    Thanks for that, i dont mind that, not like i'll be using it daily :)

16. cheers for the heads up, normally get to the A30/M5 ASAP but i'll be warey on the 38, cheers :)

17. guessing it just ment convert my train tickets to fuel money.... my tickets up for this week are £77 so wouldnt mind that lol

18. cheers,

i'll ask about and see how i get on.

i just wanted to know as i'll need to re MOT/TAX/Insure it before my basic, then take it up to phase two when i can. if parking of "students" was a no no then it wouldnt have bothered but makes my life alot easier having the bike up there for seeing the kids and lady when possible :)

19. keeping with the times i guess!

is that what they call "get you home pay" ?

20. For less traffic I always leave the M5 and head into pointy head land via the A30. The A38 is shite IMO