Parking at Gatwick

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by matelo99, Sep 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys and gals, I'm off with mrs matelo to egypt in a few weeks. Does anyone know of any cheap parking for gatwick airport. So far we have found stuff in the region of £60 for a weeks parking. I was just wondering if anyone in here knew of any special forces deals that we can use?

Cheers for any help

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hmm, dunno about SF, but most airport parking companies will offer some sort of discount. If you don't ask you don't get!

According to the latest Forces Discount booklet, MOD personnel discounts are available at:

Purple Parking: 10% discount (0845 450 0808), quoting agent code "MOD".

BCP: 10% discount (0870 013 4512), quoting agent code "BF1".

Parking4Less: 5% discount (0800 161 3390), quoting agent code "Forces".

This list is not exclusive, as there are many companies offering this service. If you are travelling some distance from Gatwick it may also be cheaper to contact a local B&B/motel, who will include long stay parking in the cost of your room.

Good luck!

3. There maybe something helpful in this link:
    http://www.forcesdiscount.com/

Additonally theres a lot of hotel around Gatwick that offer a night accom with the car park thrown in for the duration of your holiday, not knowing what time you fly though this may be no use to you whatsoever!!

4. Try Cophall Farm car parking (www.cophallfarm.co.uk). They are about 10 minutes drive from the airport - not sure if they offer service discount but they are cheap & efficient.

5. Last time i flew anywhere, work provided hire car to get to airport/back so we parked in the Hire Car company compound, told them it was there and kept the keys.

When we got back, picked up the car and it cost us nothing to park :)

6. BAA have some pretty good prices.
    My advice is never to use a parking service you leave your keys with. If you do make sure you record the mileage before you leave it and tell the company you have done so.
    I'd pay a little extra for security.

7. Good advice, I parked a three day old company Estate car

On driving home I noticed that the speedo had stopped working, but continued home, also the 60LTR full tank was down to about 10ltr

AA discovered the speedo cable had been unscrewed and on my drive home the centre cable had slid out of the outer cable onto the road and gone

The car had been used to transport passengers and luggage to the airport for two weeks (discovered later as friends had been transported in a new silver estate rather than the clapped out mini bus) hey ho

8. Quite often the hotels around the airport will allow you to park there for free for up to a fortnight if you stay one night at the hotel, often works out a good deal especially if you need an overnight stay anyway