Parents Page

pompeyexpat

War Hero
There’s an RNTM (temporary memorandum) about it, and I’m sure it’s been mentioned on here but I’ll be honest I couldn’t find anything just now when I searched. If you haven’t had an answer by Monday I’ll dig it out and put something up.

For rugby; most units will have a team and there is of course the RN Squad.

crash_evans

Lantern Swinger
There’s an RNTM (temporary memorandum) about it, and I’m sure it’s been mentioned on here but I’ll be honest I couldn’t find anything just now when I searched. If you haven’t had an answer by Monday I’ll dig it out and put something up.

For rugby; most units will have a team and there is of course the RN Squad.

Same. If I can get onto MODNET before Monday, I will post excerpt from the RI/RNTM for Direct Entry PTI. As it’s new, it’s all a bit untested. The one thing I noticed, if you fail any parts and get ‘RTU’ you then become a Warfare Spec..

Apologies if you've already seen it but, if not, it explains the progression :
Yup i have seen this thanks just felt it didn't go into much detail of what you'd be doing or where you'd be doing it, and TBH a year doing something else dosent seem to be direct entry :)
Also farther down the page under professional training it states you will be learning to assist in surgery!!!.

From the other posts above that would be great thanks.

What about postings etc?

cheers

WreckerL

War Hero
PTI's are on all ships, (Frigates and larger) plus all shore establishments, where you go is in the lap of the gods. Each draft (posting in pongospeak) is roughly 2 1/2 to 3 years.

Latest Threads