Parents Page

WreckerL

War Hero
It's not just cars, when my youngest was at Uni we (meaning I) paid his tuition fees, got bored one night so went through bank statements and found £50 per week was going out, asked wifey what this was and she had set up a DD to his bank account "in case he runs out of money and gets hungry" was the reply!!!!!

ailish 11

Midshipman
My Daughter did something similar she asked for £100 as she need to feed herself bear in mind in Scotland we dont pay uni fees they get those so when i asked her were her grant went that month was met with "oh shoes i bought 3 pairs" hmmm

Sumo

War Hero
It's not just cars, when my youngest was at Uni we (meaning I) paid his tuition fees, got bored one night so went through bank statements and found £50 per week was going out, asked wifey what this was and she had set up a DD to his bank account "in case he runs out of money and gets hungry" was the reply!!!!!
Do to set backs in some getting there, I had all 3 on mine at Uni around the same time, my challenge to them was to give me a business plan on how much they thought the bank of Mum & Dad was going to supply, and to include any work they would have to get?
If they chose to stay and go to Guzz Uni's they could live at home for free?
All stayed in Guzz but moved out, wife went round weekly or monthly depending on storage, and topped their food supplies up? I am sure we were feeding the whole student house.

Smurf1872

Getting no1 sorted for kit , its asking for brasso/metal polish wool only but cant seem to find it anywhere , any suggestions would be appreciated ta

Getting no1 sorted for kit , its asking for brasso/metal polish wool only but cant seem to find it anywhere , any suggestions would be appreciated ta

Have you tried TESCO?

Brasso Duraglit Metal Polish Wadding at £2.50

guns1969

Lantern Swinger

Smurf1872

I seem to be asking so many questions so apologies again , got a question about wages/salary - my son is at Raleigh from this Sunday , will he get a couple of weeks pay at the end of this month ? just want to make sure his car payment is covered at start of August - smart lad decided to take finish his current job last week and leave himself short this month (to be fair he's been working hard preparing for joining)
cheers

Sumo

War Hero
I seem to be asking so many questions so apologies again , got a question about wages/salary - my son is at Raleigh from this Sunday , will he get a couple of weeks pay at the end of this month ? just want to make sure his car payment is covered at start of August - smart lad decided to take finish his current job last week and leave himself short this month (to be fair he's been working hard preparing for joining)
cheers
has he thought about pre warning any creditors there may be a wobble as he joins the RN?

Can't ans pay question
@crash_evans @WreckerL @pompeyexpat may be able to help?

crash_evans

Lantern Swinger
It all depends when he joins. if it is after the main pay run for that month but is done before the retro it will be included in the next month.

So, example the main pay run to be included in for that months pay is 16th. He will be paid the reminder of that month at the end of that month. If not and he is captured on the retro run on say the 21st. He will get a month and the part payment for the previous month.

I’m just a dabber, so take what I say with a pinch of salt. My scribe long haired Admiral is currently out of the country. I would cover the payments with Bank of Mum & Dad to be safe and avoid a default/etc on his credit file.

Hope this helps.

YA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash_evans

Lantern Swinger
Make sure you check in with him after 6 months service when his New Entrant pay stops and his pay goes up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Excuse the following bone questions, son is currently applying to join RN, as an ex squaddie I am able to give him some "wisdom" but my knowledge of the navy is not great other than being scared shitless after a "jolly" on HMS Osiris (this may be wrong but was an old diesel sub) and getting poured off the FI patrol vessel after a night in the mess.

He's applying to be a PTI (jogging on the blue line GOOOOooo) as this appears to be a new thing for the Navy taking in DE's, does anyone have an idea of how it will run?

The AFCO have been great but haven't been able to shed much light on the process once he finishes Raleigh.

Hes also a keen (and quite good, not that ill tell him that) rugby player do the Navy have age grade squads or play as units?

Also what or how do postings work in the Navy this is more for myself as I'm curious?

Cheers