Parents Page

My Grandson had his medical with Capita, it took about 30 minutes. During the course of the conversation he said that he suffered with Tourettes. She asked in what way & he said that sometimes his voice went a deeper level. She said she would have to fail him but for him to appeal. He appealed with his cadet unit and his GP writing letters. He had been at Cadets for 4 years and they had no idea that he had Tourettes. They sent a letter with all his qualifications including 2 out of 3 years he'd been cadet of the year. He had also represented his area in the 2017 Trafalgar day in London. He had also gone last year to Acadia in Canada for 6 weeks. The letters were sent to the Navy & he had an answer from the Surgeon Commander from Portsmouth saying that he could see no reason why he couldn't join and telling him to take the letter with him to future exams. He had another test where he had to blow and have his ears looked at. She queried his tourettes and said she would sent it to the Capita head doctor. He had a email saying that it was going to SMOSE. A few days later he was told it was going back to Capita to the head doctor . He is getting so stressed about it and feels that he's going one stop forward but 2 back.
Any advice would be appreciated. He's also been on TS Royalist and took part in the Tall Ships race to Dublin last year

SMO(SE) is the Senior Medical Officer (Service Entries). They should be the final yes or no decision as to suitability for entry on medical issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for telling me.
My grandson has received a letter from the Surgeon Commander Royal Navy saying he has reassessed as FIT TO Proceed ( his capitals not mine ) with his application.
Who should he speak to regarding this.

Sumo

War Hero
Thank you for telling me.
My grandson has received a letter from the Surgeon Commander Royal Navy saying he has reassessed as FIT TO Proceed ( his capitals not mine ) with his application.
Who should he speak to regarding this.
His recruiter would be a good start.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I did not think so
@Ninja_Stoker from your past am I correct?
Yip. The Senior Medical Officer (Service Entries) is an RN Doc & has the final say.

If SMO(SE) upholds an appeal and declares and declares an individual fit to proceed, in relation only to the element appealed against, then they'll either be booked a face to face medical (if not already completed) or, just move to the next stage of selection - usually PJFT.

If in doubt, call your AFCO.

Thank you all for your advice.
There's going to be a sort out !! tomorrow and hopefully he will soon get the result we all would like.
Thanks again

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
If it's PRNC he's going on, it's not done at Raleigh, either Rosyth or Fareham. Raleigh is his 10 weeks basic training.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS UK education providers are helping teachers, parents and students respond to the impact of COVID-19 worldwide MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Digital minister urges parents to follow new guidance to keep children safe online during lockdown MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Don’t miss out, claim Child Benefit by phone or post, HMRC tells new parents MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Extra support for schools and parents to help cope with coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Digital form quicker and easier for separated parents applying to see children MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Parents urged to look beyond apprenticeship misconceptions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Raising expectations of children and parents, high standards for teachers and tackling bad behaviour: how schools in ‘left behind’ areas can improve MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Message of thanks to Greek authorities and volunteers from Robert Frome´s parents MoD News 0
C follow up to parents thread Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 11
MoD_RSS Parents and guardians given extra time to claim back childcare costs with Universal Credit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New guide for parents of LGBT+ children MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Clothes designed to grow as children age could mean savings for parents while cutting waste MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pregnant women and new parents to get enhanced redundancy protections MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Immunisation survey 2019: attitudes of young people and parents MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sellafield funding for app to support parents of ill children MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Continued success in parents securing their top picks of school MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Parents encouraged to be aware of scarlet fever symptoms MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Teachers say parents need help to resist off-rolling pressure MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: 9 out of 10 parents know the Ofsted rating of their child’s school or childcare provider MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Parents encouraged to be aware of scarlet fever symptoms MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Government pilot to help parents and carers return to policing MoD News 0
R 16 Year Old Wanting To Join RN But Parents Are Apprehensive. HELP! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 31
MoD_RSS Press release: Plans to boost protections for pregnant women and new parents returning to work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New guidance to help parents avoid unsafe out-of-school settings MoD News 0
Bad CO Joining Up - A Thread For Parents/Guardians Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 457
Naval_Families_Federation UPDATE: Service Pupil Premium Includes Parents that have Divorced Since 2011 Current Affairs 0
trelawney126 Parents Lead by Example in Welsh Speaking School Diamond Lil's 2
D Parents of newbies! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
D Joining Phase 2 Training Establishment (Parents Question) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
golden_rivet Blame the parents Current Affairs 19
Topaz Parting with parents? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 31
brazenhussy UK Pub chain - two drinks policy for parents The Quarterdeck 19
brazenhussy Race row parents called to meeting Current Affairs 6
angry_mac Cowardly PCSOs or Irresponsible parents Current Affairs 5
trehorn Gay foster parents abused young boys The Gash Barge 19
slim Let parents buy bargain uniforms, schools told Diamond Lil's 36
S proud parents 2 Diamond Lil's 15
brazenhussy Proud Parents Diamond Lil's 17
slim Single parents 'must find work' The Quarterdeck 33
slim Welfare shake-up for lone parents Current Affairs 77
slim Help for Parents with Problem Kids Current Affairs 10
S BAE and free bikes to children with deployed parents... Current Affairs 2
A HMS GANGES Parents Day 1968 Brochure Bases / Shore Est 9
A Forces' Parents may lose school fees perk Current Affairs 19
Naval_Gazer Stopping MOD RSS feed saturating new posts page. Site Issues 5
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh Page: "A Short Video Of The Cornwell27s At Pier Cellars This Week" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil FB: RN Page: "RN Pilot (On Exchange Programme) Helps To Save Lives In The Devastating Fires In Australia" The Fleet Air Arm 2
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh page - The Twelve Days Of Christmas Bases / Shore Est 1
MoD_RSS Press release: Handwritten page from Darwin's ‘On The Origin Of Species’ at risk of export from the UK MoD News 0